ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toy Story That Time Forgot (ABC 2014)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:59 am    Post subject: Toy Story That Time Forgot (ABC 2014) Reply with quote

Toy Story That Time Forgot is an upcoming Christmas-themed 22-minute television special in three acts that will air on ABC on December 2, 2014. It will be directed by Steve Purcell, and produced by Galyn Susman. Michael Giacchino will compose the music for the special. Most of the regular cast from the Toy Story series will reprise their roles with Kevin McKidd joining as a new character, Reptillus Maximus.

Taking place after a Christmas season, the toys find themselves lost in an uncharted territory when a set of the coolest action figures turns out to be dangerously delusional. It is up to Trixie to help the toys to return to Bonnie's room.

Originally planned to be a six minute short, but John Lasseter liked the idea and suggested making it into a holiday special. The special took three years to be made, with two years spent on story development. The team took time to design the Battlesaurs as if they were a real cartoon and toy line.

Cast

Tom Hanks as Woody
Joan Cusack as Jessie
Kristen Schaal as Trixie
Kevin McKidd as Reptillus Maximus
Timothy Dalton as Mr. Pricklepants
Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear
Wallace Shawn as Rex
Don Rickles as Mr. Potato Head
Steve Purcell as Ray-Gon
Ron Bottitta as Dad

The trailer can be seen at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7_UZPAa6oA

And a great commercial for Sky Band (a satellite service) at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nJ7oRal3ME

Last edited by Eadie on Wed May 20, 2020 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I had to reach up and manually re-adjust my jaw when it dropped after reading that it took two years to make this 22 minutes special. That's why it breaks my heart whenever a movie or tv series fails because the public doesn't recognize a quality product.

I can't imagine how it must be for the dedicated artists who experience that kind of rejection.

But I'm sure the Toy Story special will soar to greatness like all the other projects related to this franchise.

Bravo!

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
Krel
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I am getting from the write up, probably incorrectly, is that it took two years to lock down the story, and one year for the animation.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: