ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should the board have a TV/movie notification section?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:51 pm    Post subject: Should the board have a TV/movie notification section? Reply with quote

Like the title says. I was looking at the "Dr. Strangelove" section, and I noticed my notification of the movie beings shown, taking up space.

So, should the board have a special section to alert board members of an upcoming broadcast of TV shows, or movies. One where the notifications can be deleted as the show/movie is broadcast.

It could make it easier to notify member of upcoming programing, and prevent some clutter in the threads.

So, what does everyone think? What do you think Bud, this is your playground, your rules.

David.
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a [size=24]GREAT idea!!!

We used to have this for upcoming sci-fi movies from TCM.[/size]
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely a great thing for the members to DO, and we always appreciate such notification. Very Happy

As a matter of fact, we already have a section for exactly that purpose! Here it is!

What you're describing is the exactly why I created Contact All SCi-Fi. You can post notifications about anything you want, and after the date of the event has pasted, I always remove the post, just as Krel suggested.

I've been doing that since 2006 when the first All Sci-Fi was created.

Thanks for giving me a chance to clarify this matter, guys. I guess there's a bit of confusion about what Contact All Sci-Fi is for.

Perhaps that's my fault. Does the description below the title need to be change to make it more clear that it definitely is intended for announcements by one member to the all other members?

Krel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For myself, I always thought that "Contact All Sci-Fi" was to report a problem, or ask a question. Now when I have a programing notification, I know where to post it.

Thanks for the clarification.

David.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Golly, David, I'm surprised to hear that. Now I'm bit worried that other members might no understand the purpose of thata section. As I mentioned before, it's for anything that anybody wants to say to rest of the members!

If you haven't been enjoying the threads in Contact All Sci-Fi, you've got a treat in store! Very Happy

For example, recently I urged folks to help me restart our movie chats (or even non-movie chats) in the post called Come on guys! We're all stuck at home. Visit All Sci-Fi!

Gord Green sent me a helluva birthday greeting in HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUD !!!

Eadie has made good use of the Contact All Sci-Fi section with her friendly holiday messages, most recently the ones for St. Patrick's Day and Galactic Tick Day 2020

My Crispy Potato Salad thread is now six years old and gets a bump each thanksgiving.

I thanked Gord Green for the Robby toy he sent me in the post called Robby comes to live with Bud!

Yes indeed, David, the Contact All Sci-Fi section is a fun place. Take a look the threads there . . . and start posting stuff of your own! Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: