ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Set My Heart To Five (2021?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:45 pm    Post subject: Set My Heart To Five (2021?) Reply with quote

Edgar Wright To Direct The Upcoming Sci-Fi Film, Set My Heart To Five

https://theplaylist.net/edgar-wright-set-heart-five-direct-20200401/

With upcoming films from major studios getting delayed due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic, it’s unclear what the rest of 2020 is going to look like when theaters eventually reopen. However, we can hope that the worst of the situation will be long gone by September, when Edgar Wright’s upcoming film, Last Night in Soho, is expected to hit theaters. But even if that film gets delayed, it appears the filmmaker is already lining up his next project, a robot love story titled Set My Heart To Five.

According to THR, Wright is now attached to direct a film titled Set My Heart To Five, based on the upcoming novel of the same name from author Simon Stephenson. The author is set to adapt his own novel, which tells the story of an android in 2054 that goes on a mission to convince humans to allow his kind the ability to have feelings. The android, who is also a dentist, finds inspiration to seek love after watching ‘80s and ‘90s films.

Working Title Films, the production company behind Wright’s upcoming Last Night in Soho, is also aboard, as is the distributor, Focus Features. However, it’s unclear which project the filmmaker will work on next. He’s also attached to write and direct a forthcoming Baby Driver sequel for Sony, continuing the story from the 2017 original film.

In addition to Baby Driver, Wright is also known for his films such as Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, The World’s End, and Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.

As mentioned, it’s still unclear when production might begin on Set My Heart To Five. Even if this project is Wright’s next, with production delays and uncertainty from studios, we could be looking at a weird time for Hollywood over the next year or so. We will just have to wait and see.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: