ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Deluge (1933)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1900 to 1949
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Deluge (1933) Reply with quote

The beautiful poster above is for a remarkable movie I stumbled on today! Shocked

Imagine my astonishment when I discovered this 1933 movie on YouTube — a perfect print of a "lost" the film. It presents stunning special effects about the devastation of the east coast during a series of earthquakes and a colossal tidal wave — all within the first twenty minutes!

The rest of the movie is a grim but interesting post-apocalyptic drama of survival in the remnants of a smashed region of North America.

Watch the video . . . and then comment on it.

_________________________ Deluge (1933)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:25 am; edited 3 times in total
scotpens
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: Deluge (1933) Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
I'd never even heard of this movie until today, and yet it's a spell-binding science fiction film with awesome production values.

I knew of this movie mainly because Republic bought the disaster footage from RKO and used it in their 1939 cheapie S.O.S. Tidal Wave, as well as a serial or two. It's great that now we can see the original film in its entirety -- and in a decent-quality print!
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2023 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what IMDB says about S.O.S. Tidal Wave.

Newsman Jeff Shannon wants to expose political corruption in his city, but backs off when his wife and son are threatened. On election day politicians try to prevent voting by broadcasting footage from the disaster film Deluge (1933) to keep everyone watching the developing (fake) story that NYC is hit by a massive tidal wave. But Shannon realizes the story is a trick.

Crazy idea for a story, eh? Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1900 to 1949 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: