ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Demolition Man 2 (?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: Demolition Man 2 (?) Reply with quote

https://www.joblo.com/movie-news/sylvester-stallone-says-demolition-man-2-is-in-the-works

Fans of 1993's Demolition Man have pointed out how current events have mirrored different aspects of the film which has given the cult classic a bit of a resurgence the last couple of months. Starring Sylvester Stallone and Wesley Snipes, the film follows a police officer who is brought out of suspended animation in prison to pursue an old ultra-violent nemesis that is loose in a non-violent future society. The movie took place in a sanitized 2032 Los Angeles whose metaphor of government overreach feels all too familiar in this current state of social distancing due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Demolition Man making the rounds once again is no fluke because Sylvester Stallone took to Instagram to announce that a sequel to the film is definitely in the works.

Stallone recently spent some time answering fan questions on Instagram and he was asked about the potential future of Demolition Man and if a sequel could happen. While we don't know how far in development Warner Bros. is in on the sequel, Stallone gives the impression that there have been more than just mere talks about a follow-up:

"I think there is. We're working on it right now with Warner Bros. and it's looking fantastic. So that should come out, that's going to happen."

Demolition Man was directed by Marco Brambilla with a script from Daniel Waters, Robert Reneau, and Peter M. Lenkov. The film also starred a pre-SPEED Sandra Bullock and was a moderate hit in 1993, grossing $58 million at the domestic box office. Demolition Man received a mixed response from critics, holding a current rotten score of 59% on Rotten Tomatoes but it has gone on to build a huge cult following over the years since its initial release. You can check out Stallone's Instagram video at the site as he discusses Demolition Man & other aspects of his career as well:

Demolition Man is a fun action flick and it's interesting to see it getting more attention today due to what the world is looking like right now. Of course, Demolition Man is a very heightened reality complete with a Taco Bell of the future that offers up a fun visceral escape, despite how on point the film is in certain aspects. I'm not too against a sequel, only because I think it would be cool to explore this world once again.

Do YOU want a sequel to Demolition Man?

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want a sequel! Cool

However, I'll admit that the noble Mr. Stallone is a bit long in the tooth these days, and I wouldn't mind if the sequel did some extensive recasting to give us a younger group of main characters.

Hey, look what Men in Black 3 did with poor old Tommy Lee Jones! The story was created to explain why he was younger, and the casting of the right actor made it work. Very Happy

My suggestion would be to have Stallone appear in the early part of the movie, which would be set a few decades after the original, and he'd undergo a new advanced medical procedure to restore his youth.

Viola'. A rejuvenated (and recast) character who carries on the story for a new (and younger) audience!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: