ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our President seems to be doing something dangerous!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 4:43 pm    Post subject: Our President seems to be doing something dangerous! Reply with quote

The rally which Trump is having in Tulsa will be a giant version of what happened to 16 young people who recently went partying at a bar . . . and who all ended up becoming infected with Covid-19!

Those people who will be at Trump's weekend rally are willing to go into that giant stadium with a mob of people who think Trump (who doesn't wear a mask) is a great man — which means many of them won't be wearing one either! Shocked

The BOK Center in Tulsa holds 20,000 people, and Trump claims he's gotten 1,000,000 request for tickets! These are obviously people who don't realize that the stadium in Tulsa will be packed with screaming Trumpers who are spraying out viral organisms every time they cheer for one of Trump's enthusiastic proclamations!

My prediction is that thousands of those people will go back home after becoming infected by the virus and then pass it on to their friends and families! And at the risk of sounding callous, those other victims of the virus are probably Trump supporters, too! So, Trump will be causing his own base of supporters to become victims of the pandemic he's done such a poor job of dealing with! Sad

Despite this tragic situation, I can't help thinking how ironic it is for Trump to bring together 20,000 loyal supports who are willing to expose themselves to Covid-19 just to shout the praises of a man who doesn't seem concerned with their safety . . . Sad

If you're a Trump supporter and you're offended by my negative remarks, please don't bother to reply. The election in November will prove whose right or wrong about President Trump.

Krel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud, you are aware of all the protests and riots over the last couple of weeks, involving tens of thousands of people in close contact aren't you? Are these people somehow immune from the virus, or the danger of spreading it to others?

Just how are the protests and riots safer than the rally, and how is the rally worse?

David.
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Krel"]Bud, you are aware of all the protests and riots over the last couple of weeks, involving tens of thousands of people in close contact aren't you? Are these people somehow immune from the virus, or the danger of spreading it to others?

Just how are the protests and riots safer than the rally, and how is the rally worse?

David.
[/quote]

Both are wrong... and two wrongs don’t make a right.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actually both the protests and the rally (NOT the riot and looting!) are legitimate expressions of political positions and reflective of free speech.

What they both are too are very BAD ideas !

trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord Green wrote:
Well, actually both the protests and the rally (NOT the riot and looting!) are legitimate expressions of political positions and reflective of free speech.

Yes. I should clarify I meant the looting is not right but I have also seen video of protesters not wearing masks either. So in that regard they are making a bad mistake and endangering themselves, and the lives of their loved ones. But that does not excuse the actions of a president holding a rally that endangers The lives of others for his own selfish political reasons.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord Green wrote:

Gentlemen, I'm delighted that we agree on this.

The protesters were at least doing something which they hoped would result in police reforms.

But the rally attendees are being especially unwise because they're not supporting any cause other than giving Trump the adoration he craves, while being packed into a closed environment with thousands of screaming, cheering people standing shoulder to shoulder!

Trump says he's not worried about the attendees safety because "the virus is dying out."

Yeah . . . right. Rolling Eyes

Krel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
The protesters were at least doing something which they hoped would result in police reforms.

But the rally attendees are being especially unwise because they're not supporting any cause other than giving Trump the adoration he craves, while being packed into a closed environment with thousands of screaming, cheering people standing shoulder to shoulder!

Trump says he's not worried about the attendees safety because "the virus is dying out."

Yeah . . . right. Rolling Eyes

The motives don't matter, when the results are the same. The virus doesn't discriminate, doesn't care about politics and either way, you're just as sick, and just as contagious.

trekriffic, I never said that either of them was right or wrong, I just inquired as to what the difference is between the two, that makes one good and the other bad. Apparently it is the politics of the attendees.

David.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krel wrote:
The motives don't matter, when the results are the same. The virus doesn't discriminate, doesn't care about politics and either way, you're just as sick, and just as contagious.

Respectfully, sir, the motives do matter. The motives are vitally important during these troubled times. It is not just about politics.

We have two crisis is America today. One is the pandemic, and the other is the savage murders of Black people by police officers. Bigotry is a disease which is just as serious as Covid-19!

Naturally we wish all the protestors had worn masks and practiced social distancing — but they didn't, probably because they were so outraged by the horror of recent events that they weren't thinking clearly.

Yes, many of them probably got infected and took the virus home to friends and families. That is indeed tragic.

But the peaceful demonstrators obviously felt a powerful need to speak out about the horrible injustice of recent events!

And they knew they couldn't wait a year or two before showing America that we absolutely must compel both the state governments and federal government to make drastic and effective changes in both our laws and our police procedures.

Reputable news agencies like CNN and MSBC have been dividing their coverage between the pandemic and the racially motivated tragedies.

They understand that motives do matter.

Krel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies Bud. I didn't realize that if your cause was just, then your sickness and death was less serious than those who weren't following the cause.

I can see the grave stone now: I attended a protest. Got sick, spread the virus, and took some to the grave with me...But at least my cause was just, not like the guy in the next plot that just attended a rally.

Like the Angle of Death, diseases don't care about your causes, your intentions or your affiliations. You and those you expose are just as sick, and just as dead.

So yes, motives don't matter in the end. The worms won't care either way.

David.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMEN kREL!
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krel wrote:
Like the Angle of Death, diseases don't care about your causes, your intentions or your affiliations.

You're right, David, the virus doesn't care about causes, good intentions, and politics.

It also doesn't care about bigotry, police brutality, and the black people who die with a knee on their necks.

However, I care — and I know a good man like you cares as well.

Consider this. If the two of us went out to peacefully protest these atrocities, we might be faced with policemen who use excessive force to break up the protest. Some of the protestors might be injured, some of them might even be killed.

The point: Protesting against racism is risky. But thankfully there are concerned citizens who accept that risk and brave the dangers. Things won't change if people don't stand up and fight against injustice.

The protestors during the pandemic faced an additional risk: becoming infected and spreading the virus.

David, I'm not saying I condone what the protestors did. I'm saying I understand it. They felt such a strong need to change the horrors of racism which — thanks to body cams and cell phone cameras — we now know is much worse than many of us realized.

So, I understand why the protestors decided to risk spreading the virus. Their motivation was to battle the other tragedy in our society today: racism.

There will never be a vaccine to cure racism. We have to fight against it in hand-to-hand combat . . . even during a pandemic.

However, I do NOT understand the motivation of the rally attendees who are willing to risk spreading the virus . . . just to feed the ego of a man who has, himself, been accused of racism.

You're absolutely right when said that motives don't matter to the virus . . . but they certainly should matter to moral people like us.

David, we don't really disagree on the dangers of protesting during a pandemic. And I know we don't disagree on the need to stop racism and police brutality.

So, when I said motive do matter, naturally I was saying that the motives of people who risk infection to accomplish something good is easy for me to understand — as opposed to the people who take the same risk for a considerably less worth cause.

Krel

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
as opposed to the people who take the same risk for a considerably less worth cause.

Bud that is your viewpoint, they don't consider it that way, and their viewpoint is just as valid. Just like the protestors, that is their right under the Constitution of the United States.

David.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news, David! We can stop worrying about the virus!

Trump re-twitted the brilliant post by Chuck Woolery, the Very Stable Genius Game Show Host, obviously to help the president inform the public that people like Dr. Fauci have been wrong to disagree with our illustrious leader about this silly old pandemic hoax!

Here's what Chuck thinks about the global pandemic.

Chuck Woolery
@chuckwoolery

The most outrageous lies are the ones about Covid 19. Everyone is lying. The CDC, Media, Democrats, our Doctors, not all but most, that we are told to trust. I think it's all about the election and keeping the economy from coming back, which is about the election. I'm sick of it.

Gee, weren't we silly to worry about those protesters and the rally attendees? Very Happy

Hopefully President Trump (the Very Stable Genius Realty Show Host) will keep holding big rallies and winning over voters who want a president who isn't fooled by those lying doctors, scientists, left-wing media people, and the thousands of "sick people" in hospitals who are obviously just faking! Shocked

trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Chuck Woolery not too long ago. He really should wear a mask. For everyone’s sake.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, we should all wear the masks which the medical experts are begging the public to use so that we don't spread this terrible virus! Shocked

Idiots like Chuck Woolery who think that the "Everyone is lying ", including the CDC, the Media, the Democrats, and our doctors are just as crazy as that poor deluded man we put in White House. Sad

I honestly can't understand why anybody with an ounce of intelligence hasn't finally realized that Trump doesn't know his anal cavity from Carlsbad Caverns! Confused

He's an arrogant, ignorant, egotistical person who disparately craves attention — so much so that he holds large rallies so that screaming supporters will endanger their own health so they can cheer for him . . . while they spread the virus to each other! Rolling Eyes

Trump's gross mishandling of this pandemic has caused America to be so far behind the rest of the world that Americans are not allowed to travel to other countries!

I baffled by by the people who are still deluded by Trump's blatantly obvious methods to add members to his cult-like following . . . and I pity all the poor folks who are being mislead by his barrage of lies and corrupt behavior.

The damage he's done to this great society is absolutely criminal, and I suspect that eventually I'll see him dressed in a jump suit that matches his hair. Orange. Rolling Eyes

What I do respect, however, are people who admire intelligence and creativity . . . neither of which Trump has the slightest regard for.

Fourteen years ago — way back in 2006 — I created the first version of All Sci-Fi to serve as a showplace for admirable people who revered the same qualities of human nature which I did.

And I'm proud to say that it has succeeded admirably by hosting the fine contributions of members like these! Very Happy

Randy Everett

Bogmeister

Bulldogtrekker

trekriffic

Gord Green

Phantom

Bob Tarmac

Pow

Krel

orzel-w

Eadie

Maurice

Scotpens

The Spike

Custer

Brent Gair

Alltare

Rick

filmdetective

johnnybear

ralfy

Rocky Jones

larryfoster

Over the years I've tried to respect the opinions of members with whom I disagreed — although sometimes I've offended folks and had to apologize. Embarassed

But the current crisis in this great nation is now so serious that I can no longer stomach comments from anyone who defends Trump and doesn't have the courage to speak out against his stupidity, his dishonesty, and his flagrant disregard for his oath of office.

Ladies and gentle, please forgive me for stepping on the tender political toes of those who disagree with this rant. You're free to offer an intelligent rebuttal.

All I ask is that you please bear in mind that I'm a Very Stable Genius . . . and I love to debate.

Also, that I usually win. Very Happy

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: