ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS fo 8-8-20

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:52 am    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS fo 8-8-20 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Here’s three more movies which I had fun with, and I've included the questions I posed on the threads.

Thinking Outside the "Plot"!

The links to each movie will take you to the pages of the threads that have my TOtP posts.

The movies in the list below include one about a rebellious piece of construction equipment which decides to become a piece [/i]destruction[/i] equipment!

Next up is a question I posed about Deckard and Rachael, those replicant love birds who might be able to have babies like real people — but I can't help wondering if they might do something even more radical!

And finally we’ve got a series of concepts pertaining to Star Trek: The Motion Picture which have already inspired a few terrific comments. Cool

If you’d like to have a glass of Romulan ale and get crazy —

— try pushing this button with the tip of your bat'leth!

Killdozer (1974 TV movie)

~ A Question for the Members: If a large invasion force of these aliens came to Earth and possessed thousands of our machines — like tanks, aircraft, and Navel vessels — how could we combat them when they would be able to take over our own large military weapons and use them against us? Shocked]

Blade Runner (1982)

~ A Question for the Members: After Rachael and Deckard go off together (both knowing they're replicants), is it possible they would decide to somehow create replicants of [i]themselves]/i] which would remain in suspended animation and someday assume their identities — thus extending their lifespans in a way?

STAR TREK: THE MOTION PICTURE (1979)

~ A Question for the Members: First of all, did V'Ger send its vast treasure of knowledge to Star Fleet? If so, how did it change mankind's technology.

Second, what happened to V'Ger when it simply disappeared? Did it transform itself into some kind of invisible, non-material entity? Did it somehow return to the Machine Planet that modified Voyage 6 — and if so, why?

Finally, if we assume this "new life form" is a super-powerful, super-intelligent being who represents "the next step in mankind's evolution" (according to Spock), how might it eventually interact with the human race?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: