ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Godzilla (2014)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tom
Solar Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Godzilla (2014) Reply with quote

On opening day I was at the box office to watch the new Godzilla movie in 3D. I got a large popcorn and large drink to support my local theater.

The 3D experience has really come a long way since Jaws 3d came out. Love the title sequences.

Up front I should tell you that Godzilla has little screentime in this first feature. However, His appearance does make a nice impact.

The back story was interesting and flowed nicely. It was believable as long as you can get into the whole fantasy scheme/theme of the pretense of the movie. There was no hokey aliens, no irritating kid and the actors did a pretty good job immersing you in their story.

Now, the story itself, seemed a bit rushed and I would have liked a bit more back story but to do that it would have taken away from the monster screentime and I LOVED that!

The Monsters, gotta love monsters!, were done quite well and their movement physics were pretty close to realistic.

The Mutos initiative fit todays world conditions and was quite believable from a Godzilla Movie point of view.
Godzilla origins have been reimagined and I like the ideas presented that justify his existence and his reason for appearing at the time he did.

As we age, we tend to get chubby. Well, Godzilla has gained some pounds but he wears it well. I kinda like him like this.

One important thing that the 98 mess failed to do is give Godzilla a personality and an attitude. This was well-done in this film and I came away just loving the big guy all over again.

They have already announced there will be more movies of him coming soon. Rumor has it the next movie will have King Ghidorah, Mothera and Rodan.
We will see.

I kinda wish they would get creative and find some NEW monsters to threaten the planet but perhaps future movies will explore that.

I will go see anything they put out.
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who says The Big G isn't real?

Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes clouds are more real than "reality".

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look! Cloudzilla!
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've yet to figure out why this movie wasn't a flop and Godzilla (1998) wasn't a big success.

Ah, well . . . different strokes for different folks. Rolling Eyes

__________ Godzilla - Official Main Trailer [HD]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: