ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TBBT: The Big Bang Theory
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You would need every section of the tent to have a door that Sheldon could knock on, three times of course...

Tracking back a post, "Conan" isn't adventures of the barbarian hero created by Robert E. Howard, I suspect, but, um, some kind of local US chat show, and thus a less interesting guest appearance... no meeting of Bernadette and Red Sonja, for a start. Checking Wikipedia, I didn't realise that the first name of the Star Wars character Admiral Motti was Conan!
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that the names of the two main characters could have a more "funnier" source?

Sheldon:

Leonard:

Sheldon Leonard:

bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Bang Theory Meets TOS in SDCC-Exclusive Figures -

Leonard, Sheldon, Howard, Raj, Penny, Bernadette and Amy from The Big Bang Theory will meet Star Trek: The Original Series in a limited-edition group of 3 3/4-inch scale action figures that will be available as 2016 Entertainment Earth San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives from Bif Bang Pow! Each exclusive figure features five points of articulation (neck, shoulders and hips) and showcases the characters in TOS uniforms. Plus, the figures of Sheldon, Howard, Raj, Penny, Bernadette and Amy come equipped with their very own Communicator, Phaser and Tricorder accessories.

The figures, which are intended for fans ages 14 and up, will be available for the first time on July 20, 2016 at the Entertainment Earth booth #2343 at San Diego Comic-Con. Not attending San Diego Comic-Con 2016? They're available now for pre-order at Entertainment Earth now. If supplies remain after the show, pre-orders will be filled and shipped in August 2016.

Continue to check Entertainment Earth for pre-order details and the latest convention exclusive news.

LINK: http://www.startrek.com/article/big-bang-theory-meets-tos-in-sdcc-exclusive-figures

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayim Bialik

Lovely actress Mayim Bialik done up TOS style for the CBS Watch magazine. Imgur

from Treks in Sci-fi

Last edited by bulldogtrekker on Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayim brought some friends with her, it seems...

She talks about her history with Star Trek on YouTube here, and we see her dressed as Data and Kirk too... Surprised
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were 2 patches worn by Howard Wolowitz when he was in spaceonboard the ISS. On the front of hia coverall was this:

And on the sleeves this:

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, on the blue coverall:

Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mission patch can barely be seen just to the keft if the NASA patch on his sleeve.

Have you ever wondered if Sheldon ever dreams about Forbidden Planet?

This is titled Sheldon's Forbidden Dreams:

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omigod Butch........I WANT THEM!
How much of a geek am I?

That's a rhetorical question.

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert (Butch) Day wrote:
Sorry about the size. the names are hard to read.

No, Butch, they aren't hard to read.

I resized them all for you (again!) and they're quite legible. You've told me about the problems you're having with your eyesight. That's why you can't read the text when it isn't gigantic.

We don't have that problem, thank goodness. So, you do not have to make the image big for the rest of us to read. However, if you post a magazine article with big jpegs, that's okay. I'll fix it with that "embedded jpeg" trick I use.

I've asked you to resize your images over and over again, and you've promised me repeatedly (on the PHONE, for God's sake), that you would.

Please stop making me fix your oversized images, Butch! One of them was over 2,000 pixels wide!!!!
Mad
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've broken them down to individual pictures of the figures and will re-post them along with pictures of the scientists, techneers, individuals and others that Sheldon has admired over the years and have added people that Pye-Rate, Eadie, MommySan, and I believe that he would admire (and sometimes hate) according to what we see in his dysfunctional personality. It'll be posted on Friday. ( I have a doctor's appointment today and an ophthalmologist appointment tomorrow. New eye glasses, yea!!!)
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butch, why did you delete the three pictures above? I had already resized them for you.
Rolling Eyes
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Series To End Run After 12 Seasons On CBS With “Epic Close”

The Big Bang Theory is going out on top. Despite recent remarks by CBS that it was in talks for more seasons of the highly-rated series, the network, producing studio Warner Bros. TV and executive producer Chuck Lorre just announced that the comedy will end its run in May 2019 with its upcoming 12th season. The Big Bang Theory still will rank as the longest-running multi-camera series in television history per WBTV, spanning 12 seasons and a record-breaking 279 episodes.

Full article at https://deadline.com/2018/08/the-big-bang-theory-end-run-12-seasons-final-season-cbs-1202450437/

Custer
Space Sector Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It will be missed, for sure... hopefully Young Sheldon will continue, I see that it has been renewed for a second season.

I'm sure that, with some plans for the 279th episode, the series will, er, go out with a Bang. Maybe the elevator will get fixed...?
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From https://www.thewrap.com/big-bang-theory-star-jim-parsons-writes-heartfelt-tribute-report-prompted-shows-end/

Star Jim Parsons Writes Heartfelt Tribute After Report He Prompted Show’s End

penned a lengthy Instagram post on Thursday expressing gratitude for the CBS sitcom. The Emmy winner’s message came after a report that said he’s responsible for putting an end to the long-running show.

“It is hard (nearly impossible, actually) to really accept that this is a picture of the first of the final 24 episodes we will shoot for ‘The Big Bang Theory,'” Parsons wrote in the post, going on to thank the show’s fans, crew and cast members for its 12-season run. “I feel very fortunate that we have another 23 episodes to shoot this season because I am hopeful that with each and every one, my level of REALLY accepting this fact will sink in.”

Parsons was the subject of an Entertainment Weekly report on Wednesday that said CBS and Warner Bros. Television were looking to pick up the show for two additional seasons before Parsons chose to walk away.

Both the network and studio declined to comment, and representatives for Parsons pointed to his Instagram post, providing no further comment.

News that the hit sitcom would end with the upcoming season was announced Wednesday in a joint statement from CBS, WB and Chuck Lorre Productions, an apparent reversal from CBS president Kelly Kahl’s statements earlier this month expressing optimism that the show would continue.

“We are forever grateful to our fans for their support of The Big Bang Theory during the past twelve seasons,” read the statement. “We, along with the cast, writers and crew, are extremely appreciative of the show’s success and aim to deliver a final season, and series finale, that will bring The Big Bang Theory to an epic creative close.”

Parsons’s co-star Kaley Cuoco shared her own reaction to the news in an Instagram post accompanying a picture of the show’s cast.

“This ride has been a dream come true and as life changing as it gets. No matter when it was going to end, my heart would have always been broken in two,” Cuoco wrote. “Drowning in tears, we promise to bring you the best season yet.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: