ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The West Wing (1999~2006)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject: The West Wing (1999~2006) Reply with quote

"The West Wing" was created by the immensely talented Aaron Sorkin and ran on NBC for seven wonderful seasons.

The writing was superb and the cast equally great.

If you enjoy political dramas dealing with complex issues, hot topics, and human drama, then this excellent series is your baby.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so right about this series, Mike! I've watched it all the way through . . . twice!

I even like the Good RX commercials with Martin Sheen! In fact, Good RX has saved me a lot of money on my prescriptions. Cool

By gum, I think I'll start watching the series again from Netflix streaming between now and election day — instead of subjecting myself to the unfortunate folks of the legitimate news media who valiantly keep reporting the sad news that our pathetic POTUS is a delusional moron who doesn't know his anal cavity from Carlsbad Caverns. Sad

Hopefully the coming election will finally provide us with an intelligent and dignified Command in Chief like the one in this series — instead of our despicable Tweeter in Chief who's embarrassing our nation in the eyes of the whole world.

For the record, I hand-delivered my mail-in ballot to the Union County Bureau of Elections in North Carolina on Thursday so that I didn't risk (a) having it lost in the mail, or (b) standing in a long voting line and getting Covid-19 . . . like a certain idiot who tells his supports that they don't need to wear masks. Shocked

Please vote, guys. We need to drain the swamp for real this time . . . Rolling Eyes

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't watch the highly amusing video below at least three times in a row, you obviously have a sense of humor equal to that of a 300 year old sea turtle. Rolling Eyes

Folks, I'm nearing the end of the highly enjoyable "binge watching" of my The West Wing box set, and I'm already experiencing severe withdrawal symptoms from the diminishing number of "walking and talking" scenes this amazing series offers.

They're are amusing, dramatic, and a joy to behold. If you've never seen The West Wing (God forbid! Shocked) — you need to pack up and go back to Russia, from which you were obviously sent to spy on America! Evil or Very Mad

But if you are indeed a fellow "West Winger", watch this YouTube video and prepare to blow snot bubbles while you laugh your ass off! Cool

_________ Walk & Talk - The West Wing Reunion

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also highly recommend Sorkin's HBO TV show The News Room. It also has fabulous writing, directing, and a marvelous cast.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE The News Room, and I hadn't realize it was also Mr. Sorkin's creation. Thanks. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> TV Shows in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: