ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SpaceX Starship SN8 is being launched for a test!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: SpaceX Starship SN8 is being launched for a test! Reply with quote

God bless the good folks at Space! They're determined to give us the kind of spacecraft we yearned for when we were kids.

SpaceX Starship SN8 is being launched for a test flight today! You can watch it live on YouTube. It reminds me of the spacecraft in Rocketship X-M.

_________LIVE: Starship SN8 12.5km Test Flight

This rocket is absolutely beautiful! Notice the cockpit canopy on top! Very Happy

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

~ Space enthusiasts look at a prototype of SpaceX’s Starship spacecraft at the company’s Texas launch facility on September 28, 2019 in Boca Chica near Brownsville, Texas. The Starship spacecraft is a massive vehicle meant to take people to the Moon, Mars, and beyond.

The artist renderings of SpaceX Starship are eye popping!

~ Four Above: SpaceX's first Starship passengers will embark on a lunar voyage in 2023.

~ Below: Earlier this year, Musk shared a beautiful rendering of a musician playing a violin in micro-gravity. "Starship Concerto in Zero G," he wrote.

This photo-compostion shows a version of the SpaceX Starship next to the "super heavy booster". It reminds me of Tomorrowland from the 1950s!

Gentlemen, we made it to the future . . . Cool

_________ SpaceX Starship Full Flight Animation

_______ SpaceX Starship Lunar Return Animation

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent most of the day watching the very enjoyable live coverage on YouTube presented on the NASAspaceflight channel — which is the creation of several enthusiast young geeks. Very Happy

Unfortunately, SpaceX aborted the launch as 1.3 seconds! Dammit . . . Sad

The young space fans who created the YouTube presentation were transmitting comments from their individual homes across America — one of whom was located in my hometown, Charlotte, NC!

I was impressed by the fact that these dedicated individuals were using their own high-tech equipment to present videos of the launch site. One of the group's members was actually located in Boca Chica, TX, with video equipment set up to provide images from the launch site.

Their coverage also included incoming message from viewers all over the world — over 180,000 of them. And these viewers started sending contributions to help the group expand their technology!

Earlier in the day, when the number of viewers was about 70,00, one of them submitted a message which suggested that if everybody who was watching donated $1.00, the dedicated group who establised NASAspaceflight would be able to acquire more technology! Very Happy

Amazingly enough, from that moment on the viewers started pledging contributions when they sent questions and comments through the "chat" feature. The amounts varied from a few dollars to over several hundred, and the team was astounded by this spontaneous show of support for their effects to cover historic events like today's launch! Shocked

Late in the day, when the launch was scrubbed, these guys magnanimously accepted the bad news with grace and dignity, praising SpaceX for using good judgement because they waited until they felt the time was right for the mission to succeed.

Guys, this experience has renewed my faith in America's commitment to science — along with our nation's dedication to technological advancement.

It is now obvious to me that there is a new generation of intelligent Americans who are ready and willing to boldly commit our nation to a future which embraces science — rather than stupidly deny it . . . the way our moronic outgoing president has done for the last four years! Rolling Eyes

By the way, after the SpaceX launch was scrubbed, I DID watch The Right Stuff in honor of Chuck Yeager.
Very Happy
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered that the 2nd attempt to launch
SpaceX Starship SN8 is scheduled for today, something this afternoon! D:

It's being covered live again at the link below.

_________LIVE: Starship SN8 12.5km Test Flight

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: