ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superman & Lois (2021)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2021 to Tomorrow!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember several DC stories in which Superman entered the bottle city of Kandor and shared experiences with them before having to return to full size.

However, I don't remember why the citizens of Kandor had to remain miniaturized. But story wise, this is a dramatic idea, and I wouldn't change it. Allowing the Kandor citizens to return to normal would be like saving Romeo and Juliet from death so they could live happily ever after!

And giving Kal-El a way to visit a microcosm of Krypton from time to time is yet another dramatic concept.

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was pleased to see that Natalie Irons did create her own suit of armor as she did in the DC comics, I was very disappointed that they did not use the terrific design from the comics.

Instead, her armor is just a smaller version of her father's armor.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman & Lois has been renewed for a fourth season by the CW (newly owned by Nexstar). The series will only produce 10 episode for its fourth season instead of 15.

I'm predicting that it'll be the final season for this wonderful series, unfortunately. Nexstar's ultimate agenda is to rebrand the CW, and superhero shows aren't part of its agenda. I'm quite surprised that S&L managed to survive.

They did cancel the brand new superhero series that debuted this year called Gotham Knights. It's a good show with intriguing scripting and a fine cast. Hardly a surprise Nexstar canned the show.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexstar who is the new owner of the CW has renewed Superman & Lois for a fourth season.

However, the powers-that-be have made it clear in statements that they are not interested with continuing the superhero brand for the network that began with Smallville in 2001 and continued on with numerous superhero series over the years.

To that end in spite of its renewal, Nexstar has ordered only 10 episodes of Superman & Lois instead of its usual 15.

Add to that today's announcement that they have cut 7 cast members from the main cast and you can easily see the handwriting on the wall. They can't make it any more apparent that they are doing everything they can to sabotage the show.

From an artistic standpoint things aren't doing well either. The fourth season will finally see Lex Luthor make an appearance on the series. The most oversaturated villain ever used in the DC Universe. He is trotted out in multiple Superman films, Superman TV series, Superman animated series, as well as the comic books.

Superman has a multitude of enemies over his long history beginning with the first comic book he debuted back in 1938. He has an 85-year history. And the best that writers can dream up is to have him clash time and again with a wealthy, bald industrialist. Give me a break.

I doubt I'll watch the fourth season because I know it'll be its last & the game is rigged. Thanks for nothing Nexstar. I'm guessing your new programming will have no appeal to me at all.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman & Lois, season 4, will consist of just 10 episodes and then be cancelled. No shocker here. Rumors swirled around that when Nexstar purchased the CW, that they were "Going in a different direction" with their scheduling. Translation: Bye-bye any and all superhero shows.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lois and Clark was an enjoyable series, with a wonderful cast which displayed a strong chemistry. Cool

Dean Cain was a likable Clark Kent and a heroic Superman. And Terry Hacker was the hottest Lois Lane of them all!

My own problem with this series was caused by fact that at that time I was heavily into Smallville, which was a very different sort of series. So Smallville's treatment of the concept sort of spoiled my enjoyment of the more whimsical Lois and Clark Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2021 to Tomorrow! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: