ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Godzilla vs. Kong (2021)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:48 am    Post subject: Godzilla vs. Kong (2021) Reply with quote

Even though we here at All Sci-Fi would love to see the return of the days when science fiction movies packed their plots with brilliant concepts that we can spend decades analyzing, debating, and expanding, we still enjoy these special effects laden blockbusters which dazzle our eyes — even though they don't inspire our imaginations the way classics like Forbidden Planet and The Day the Earth Stood Still do.

This movie, scheduled for release on March 31st, is definitely an "eye dazzler", not an "imagination inspirer". Confused

But it does tend knock our eyes plumb out of our heads, if the trailer below is any indication.
Shocked

GODZILLA VS. KONG - Official Extended Trailer

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to reports, there will be a clear winner in this battle between the two and it won't be a draw.

Gotta admit, I'm rooting for the King.
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They seem to have made Godzilla smaller than on the previous incarnation; no doubt to make it a fairer fight. Godzilla would dwarf Kong ordinarily but, in Skull Island, he was larger than ever. This was probably because the film makers already had this big showdown in mind.

Still, size aside, Godzilla has too many weapons for Kong to win a battle between them; unless his intelligence is enough to overcome an indestructible lizard with atomic fire breath. I’ve read that Kong is able to somehow break off one of Godzilla’s spines which he fashions into a weapon. It’s even shown in the trailer in the final scene where Kong is leaping in the air at his foe holding something he uses as a shield against the big G’s atomic fire. If you freeze the image you can just make out the shape of a sword made from Godzilla.
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:
According to reports, there will be a clear winner in this battle between the two and it won't be a draw.

Gotta admit, I'm rooting for the King.

In view of the fact that the story presents the idea that King Kong is released to become a champion for mankind, I'm sure that Kong will be triumphant in the battle.

However, I predict that his "win" will be to drive Godzilla away — not destroy him. Fans of Godzilla don't want him to die.

So, even if a sequel is not forthcoming in the near future, Godzilla will survive. In fact, if I wrote the script, I'd have Godzilla eventually return and team up with Kong against a foe neither of them could defeat alone! Shocked

That's just the way good franchises do these things.
Very Happy
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's how Screenrant describes this movie.

The King of the Monsters faces off against the King of the Apes in Godzilla vs. Kong, the follow-up to both Kong: Skull Island and Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Godzilla and King Kong are two of sci-fi's most iconic cinematic monsters, and this match-up marks the first time they have fought on the big screen since Toho's 1962 King Kong vs. Godzilla, which saw Kong triumphant.

A highly anticipated rematch plus the possibility for a Titan Civil War could make this the biggest film in Legendary's MonsterVerse yet.

_________ GODZILLA VS KONG Trailer 2 (2021)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: