ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Chaos Walking (2021)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Chaos Walking (2021) Reply with quote

Here's how Screenrant describes this movie.

Based on Patrick Ness's highly popular YA trilogy, Chaos Walking imagines a future in which a germ has wiped out all women on Earth and left the men with the Noise, the ability to hear all living creatures' thoughts at all times.

Tom Holland plays Todd Hewitt, a teenager whose world is upended when he meets a lone woman named Viola Eade (Daisy Ridley).

Chaos Walking was filmed in 2017, but its release has been delayed multiple times because of reshoots as well as Holland and Ridley's schedules, which have only grown busier as the two stars have become more and more well known

Hopefully this movie will turn out to be as good as the trailer makes it look! Very Happy

_________________ CHAOS WALKING - trailer

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2022 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production. Very Happy

~ During the first week of filming, Tom Holland broke his nose after getting punched in the face by a stuntman during a fight scene.

Note from me: Anytime I watch a fight scene in movies and TV shows I wonder how often the performers hurt each other.

~ On the last day of filming, Tom Holland passed out on camera while performing a scene where he had to hold his breath under water.

Note from me: Wow! Scary situation.

~ Tom Holland (notoriously boyish looking for his actual mid-twenties age) was asked to grow as much facial hair as he could for his role. In the span of five weeks, all he could grow was a thin-striped goatee that is barely a soul-patch.

Note from me: Mid-twenties and still can't grow a beard. Well, at least he doesn't have to shave often.

~ The film was originally schedule for a release on 1 March 2019 but was pushed back to 2020 due to major reshoots, and pushed back again to January 2021.

The movie did not get a cinema release for 4 years.

Note from me: That must be rough on the actors, director, etc, who have to wait to find out if their movie was a success.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: