ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Iron Sky - The Coming Race (2019)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Iron Sky - The Coming Race (2019) Reply with quote

]

Watch these amazing trailers and you'll be just itchin' to see this movie! Very Happy

Then read these reviews from Wikipedia and perhaps you'll decide to just wait for the itch to go away . . . Rolling Eyes

The general consensus among IMDB users is that the first one (which I hated) was better than this one (oh Lord . . . ) and that this one was one of the worse movies ever made.

And yet . . . the premise sounds interesting and the trailers look awesome! Shocked

Released on 16th January in Helsinki Finland first reviews were not very kind. Pekka Ruissalo via Iltamakasiini ran with an article that did a round up of from media critics. [15]

Translated from Finnish:

"'Very terribly bad movie' - Iron Sky: The coming race got a full hit from critics."

Within the article were comments from critics such as,

"The sequel does not entertain or make you laugh. Not for a minute." Juho Typpö from Helsingin Sanomat.

"...does not even get the basics like characters that go into a captivating level of interest." Jari Tapani Peltonen from V2.

"...the abundance of details and references embedded in the story threaten to turn against itself." Helinä Laajalahti from Muropaketti.

Perhaps the most scathing review came from Jonni Aromaa from Yle News.[16]

"Iron Sky The Coming Race is actually one of the worst movies I have ever seen. And I've seen quite a few films."

"Right now I wouldn't want to be film director Timo Vuorensola or movie producer Tero Kaukoma in the boots. Last Wednesday, the sequel to Iron Sky, which received its world premiere in Finland, is probably a flop. At least in Finland."

"Why on earth is the manuscript ordered from a friend of Vuorensola, the American Dalan Musson? Wasn't anyone else really found on this planet?"

_____ Iron Sky The Coming Race - Official Trailer

______ Iron Sky The Coming Race - Official Trailer

Krel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched this on Nefflix last year. The reviews are pretty much spot on, and the ending threatens a third film.

But if you have some time to waste, or you're bored and aren't too picky, you may get some enjoyment from it. I have to admit that I did.

I haven't seen the "Iron Sky", but there is enough recap in the second movie that you get what happened in the first.

I was going to watch the first movie at a con in 2015, but it was be shown on a rear projection screen. And they had a light directly behind the screen! So you weren't going to see the movie, just hear it. Laughing

David.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was so disappointed in ]Iron Sky that I never bothered to watch the sequel.

Krel's post, however, encouraged me to give it a try. However, Netflix doesn't seem to have it! Sad

That's odd, eh? Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: