ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Matrix Revolutions (2003)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:41 pm    Post subject: The Matrix Revolutions (2003) Reply with quote

The folks who were unhappy with The Matrix Reloaded desperately hoped that The Matrix Revolutions would be be better.

Sadly, it was worse.

The line between real people and their avatars is blurred to the point where nobody can tell who's who, and the Matrix "people" don't act a bit like computer programs.

Neo and Agent Smith (along with his ridiculous number "clones") battle each other in a scene that has less emotional impact any of the great fight scenes in the first movie, including the first scene in which Trinity kicked the asses of a few city police officers!

Sometimes, less is definitely more.

By the end of this movie, poor Neo is blind, and he surrenders his body to the nasty-ass machines for reasons that don't seem to make a lick 'a sense.

The trilogy ends with the complete defeat of the human race, despite a final scene showing the Architect and the Oracle meeting in a beautiful CGI "park" with a lovely futuristic city in the background.

The Wikipedia article describes the scene this way.

They agree that the peace will last "as long as it can", and that all humans will be offered the opportunity to leave the Matrix. The Oracle tells Sati that she thinks they will see Neo again. Seraph asks the Oracle if she knew this would happen; she replies that she did not know, but she believed.

I'm sorry, but this was an unsatisfying conclusion to a trilogy that became so muddled it left me rolling my eyes in disbelief during the first sequel, and crossing my eyes in confusion during the second one.

Here's the trailer to refresh your memory about this movie.

_____________ The Matrix Revolutions - trailer

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production. Very Happy

~ The late Gloria Foster and her replacement Mary Alice had played sisters in a long-running Broadway play, something which casting director Mali Finn remembered when she was looking around for a replacement for Foster.

Note from me: I really missed Gloria Foster, and even though her replacement (Mary Alice) did a fine job, it just didn't to measure up to the original. Sad

~ The last scene of the movie set in the park is the only time in all three movies that greenery and a blue sky are seen inside the Matrix.

Note from me: That scene is a striking departure from the grime look of the rest of the movie! Very Happy

~ In spite of this film officially ending the Matrix movie trilogy, a continuation in the form of The Matrix 4 (2021) was announced 16 years later, slated for a 2022 release.

This came after months of speculation of a reboot, but the film has been described as a proper follow-up that sees the return of Keanu Reeves and Carrie-Anne Moss, as well as original director Lana Wachowski who also co-wrote the screenplay.

Although there is no active role (yet) for her sister Lilly Wachowski, Lana already confirmed that the movie will be based on "ideas Lilly and I explored 20 years ago about our reality [that] are even more relevant now".

Note from me: Well, it's good to know that the franchise isn't being trashed by newcomers who want to throw out the original stories and do things there own way! Rolling Eyes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2001 to 2010 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: