ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UFO Report due June 1st
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: UFO Report due June 1st Reply with quote

A former top national intelligence official hinted that an upcoming government report on UFOs will include information that cannot easily be explained.

"There are instances where we don’t have good explanations for some of the things that we’ve seen, and when that information becomes declassified, I’ll be able to talk a little bit more about that," former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe told Fox New's Maria Bartiromo on Friday

Wow. Maria Bartiromo gets former DNI John Ratcliffe to talk about UFOs ahead a deadline for the government to disclose what it knows about them...

"Usually we have multiple sensors that are picking up these things...there is actually quite a few more than have been made public"

Ratfcliffe said some UFO sightings have been declassified in the past, but a report to be released by the Pentagon and other federal agencies will present more information to the American people.

"There have been sightings all over the world," Ratcliffe said. "And when we talk about sightings, the other thing I will tell you, it’s not just a pilot or just a satellite or some intelligence collection. Usually, we have multiple sensors that are picking up these things."

Ratcliffe said elements that are hard to explain in the unreleased sightings include movements that are hard to replicate or traveling at speeds that exceed the sound barrier without creating a sonic boom.

The report is expected to be released on June 1, Bartiromo

https://www.yahoo.com/news/upcoming-ufo-report-difficult-explain-193655041.html

Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is pretty exciting. I hope it won't be disappointing.

An old friend of mine has been telling me for years to watch a 2017 documentary called Unacknowledged. I've yet to do so, but I'll certainly watch it eventually.

__________ Unacknowledged Trailer #1 (2017)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Mar 26, 2021 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an amazing video Bud! I think you will find a lot of food for thought there.

I can't say what "they" are or who is responsible for "them".....But, "they" are a real thing.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the risk of sounding like a heretic, I have several logical reasons for doubting that UFOs are visitors from alien worlds.

Here's why.

~ SETI has received no verified signals from distant civilizations.

~ There is no scientific proof that Faster-Than-Light propulsion systems are possible.

~ There are no truly convincing videos or photographs of alien spaceships, either in the air or on the ground. The best of them look bogus as hell.

~ All the drawings of "alien beings" by alleged witnesses portray these creatures as humanoids — bipedal creatures with heads, arms, and legs which are remarkably similar to human beings. From an evolutionary point of view, that's ridiculous.

~ The odds against alien beings from a distant star system being physically similar to human beings through a fluke in evolution are about the same as a person winning the Irish Sweepstakes, the New York Lottery, and the Georgia Lottery — all on the same day. Rolling Eyes

Face it, guys. People who claim to have seen alien creatures don't have the imagination to describe convincing aliens — which should look a bit more like this! Shocked

Therefore, based on purely logical reasons, I reject the so-called evidence that UFOs are alien spacecraft from distant civilizations.

I think the public belief in this myth is caused by the strong emotional appeal of the concept — not the questionable "evidence" which does not support it.

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud Brewster wrote:
~ All the drawings of "alien beings" by alleged witnesses portray these creatures as humanoids — bipedal creatures with heads, arms, and legs which are remarkable similar to human beings. From an evolutionary point of view, that's ridiculous.

~ The odds against alien beings from a distant star system being physically similar to human beings through a fluke in evolution are about the same as a person winning the Irish Sweepstakes, the New York Lottery, and the Georgia Lottery — all on the same day.

Actually Bud, that's just not true.

There is a biological axiom that "Form follows function".
This means that biological entities develop certain traits that are evolved to fill the biological and environmental niche they are in.

Simply put...dolphins resemble fish although they are totally differently evolved organisms. Same with bats and birds. Same with amphibians and reptiles.

An "intelligent" alien WOULD have to somewhat resemble humans because they evolved to fill the same biological niche as humans. They would not be "identical" but be somewhat similar in most ways.

Your illustrations above show some of this concept. The head shot shows to be similar to the human form. Two eyes for binocular vision, two ears for sound detection and a mouth for the ingestion of nutrients. The outer details are irrelevant. Ears can be any size or shape (The ears of elephants vary by species ; Indian and African are similar but different.

Beak or lips...does not change the fact that the mouth is basicly similar.

Your second drawing is also a possible example . Much more "alien" but has a possible evolutionary form. Articulated "hands" for manipulation and tool use, legs (how many and how developed irrelevant) , eyes etc are present.

The whole point is that the basic "human" form is an ideal template for an intelligent tool using organism.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welll, heck, you're right that I didn't pick the best two drawings to represent truely "alien" beings. The lovely lady below is perhaps a better candidate for Miss Universe! Or at least Miss Congeniality. Laughing

But with all due respect, I've heard the case you made for "humanoid aliens" before, and I just don't buy it. Here's a few excerpts from two articles that agree with me.

One excerpt by Kevin Anderson starts out restating the very argument of mine which you quoted above! Very Happy

We Asked 7 Experts: What Would Aliens Actually Look Like?

By John Brandon

Movies and TV shows would have us believe aliens would look a bit like us, only with a big (bald) head, green skin, and crazy eyes. Don't believe it. Wwe decided to ask sci-fi authors, science experts, and ET buffs what they think extraterrestrials really would look like.

Kevin Anderson ~ Science-fiction author

Look at the incredible diversity of biotypes here on Earth, all of which evolved under the same planetary environment. I don't believe an alien species from an entirely different biochemical foundation would happen to turn out with two arms, two legs, two eyes, ears, nostrils . . . two genders, warm-blooded, and so on.

But for intelligence one would assume brain capacity, and therefore the body would need some sort of protective mechanism for the vital brain — an exoskeleton, a skull, something like that.

"Do they live in a sea? In the clouds of a gas giant? On land? In a desert? In a jungle? They would need a way to eat or consume energy, and they would need to excrete waste. For intelligence, they'd need to communicate—by voice? Pheromones? Blinking phosphorescent patches?"

Darren Campo ~ TV producer and executive

When it comes to film and TV, it's problematic to make a race of aliens that does not resemble humans. Actors have to play these roles. What aliens look like in the real world will depend on where they evolved. An alien that evolved in interstellar space would have very different needs from an alien that evolved on an Earthlike planet.

Aaron Rosenberg ~ Science-fiction author

Never mind the gaunt, nearly skeletal figure with the long talons and the scorpion-like tail and the mouth full of razor teeth. Never mind the little green or gray men with oversize craniums and oversize eyes and tiny mouths.

Never mind the cat-men or lizard-men or dog-men or people with blue skin and strange, tattoo-like markings or odd brow ridges or pointier ears. Why would an alien look that similar to us?

Harry E. Keller ~ Chemistry professor, Northeastern University

First, a real alien is bilaterally symmetrical, endothermic with excellent manipulative abilities, and has a hard container for a brain.

Eyes? Of course. You have to see to build a civilization. The squid has better eyes than we do, and the eye seems to have evolved separately a few times at least.

Nose? An alien must have the means to breathe. It must be symmetrical. The nose does not have to be in the middle of a face, although that is convenient for some purposes such as sharing the air pipe with a mouth for times of exertion. You can imagine other arrangements.

Head? If you define head as a bony enclosure for the brain as well as the location for eyes, nose, and mouth, then it's likely. The nose could be located above or below the mouth. Above works better for swimming, but that's not a strict evolutionary requirement.

Bernard Bates ~ Physics professor, University of Puget Sound

An octopus is a good example of an advanced-alien analogue on Earth. Octopuses are quite (probably human-level) intelligent and live in a totally alien environment (compared with ours). Evolution has had to find novel solutions to the pressures they're under—pressures completely different than those that shaped mammals on land.

Dolphins and chimpanzees are extremely close to us—we're all mammals. The last common ancestor for humans and dolphins was around 100 million years ago, and for humans and chimpanzees was about 10 million years ago.

Nnedi Okorafor ~ Sci-fi author

I believe aliens exist. However, I don't pay much mind to the little-green-men mythology. I don't think aliens have to be humanoid, carbon-based, or even alive by our definition of alive. Human beings aren't made to survive in space.

If aliens arrive on Earth here, it means they have survived in space and have the means to adapt to our atmosphere. I think it highly possible that they'll be nothing like us.

Tobias Buckell ~ Sci-fi author

Aliens with pointy ears and bumpy foreheads are a way for Hollywood to save money by applying prostheses to human beings and to move forward with the plot. It seems strange to think the truly alien would look anything at all like us.

Would Aliens Look Like Us?

by Jonathan Losos

With so many potentially habitable exoplanets (as they are called), many believe that it is inevitable that life, even intelligent life, must have arisen on some of them.

But what would those life forms be like?

Last year's Arrival introduced heptapods, organisms with seemingly little affinity to any species here on the home planet.

The great astronomer Carl Sagan was in Arrival's camp, proclaiming "extraterrestrials would be very different from us."

Paleontologist and evolutionary biologist Stephen Jay Gould expressed similar sentiments, but felt that there was no way to scientifically study the question other than finding life on another planet.

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no arguement that alien life would be very different from terrestial life. Even here on Earth there is a huge variation from microscopic organisms to worms, insects, cephelopods etc.

But what we're talking about isn't just "intelligent" extraterresial life, but "technological" alien life. Earthly whales may be "intelligent" with their huge brains...maybe even more than humans...BUT they lack the ability to achieve technology , nor the need to.

Even humans who existed just as we are today took well over 100 thousand years to learn to use more than a rock and a stick as tools! There are certain requirements needed in the environment to drive the evolution of technology.
Octopi may be intelligent and even use rudimentry tools, but they will never achieve metalergy, chemistry or astonomy!

The writers you quote above are talking about "alien life" and I totaly (Well, almost totaly!) agree. Life in the universe could take an almost infinite variety of forms and origins. We only have the example of carbon based RNA-DNA biolife forms.

The arguement is not about "Life" in the Universe, but about intelligent technological life with the ultimate capacity to reach out into that Universe and that I argue ,based on the premise principle of 'Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny' , or "Form follows function", would VERY much favor the basic human model and rather than being the exception would be the norm and MOST common in reality.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord, I said it before and I'll say it again — this an extremely cool debate! Cool

With that in mind, let me offer a few new thoughts.

I'm puzzled by your assertion that the body of an intelligent "technological" alien will be likely to have legs like ours, hands like ours, eyes like ours, etc etc.

On the other hand, I contend that extremely different physical forms can be just as good — if not better — at all the things the human body can do. In fact, much of our technology has been developed to augment and improve our fragile human form! Shocked

We've invent tools to improve our hands, machines to improve our strength, and computers to assist our intelligence. We've created cars, airplanes, and ships so we can travel faster and farther than mere legs can take us.

Obviously, the human body has room for improvement. And yet you're making the assumption that "the basic human model" is "favored" by the physiological needs a technological life form requires.

Why? That's like saying every ground vehicle needs to look like a Ford Model A, because it's form was based on it's function — and it was terrific design! Very Happy

However, that simple solution to the need for transportation was certainly not the ONLY solution.

Now we've got motorcycles, sedans, SUVs, luxury cars, limousines, ambulances, buses, fire engines, bulldozers, tanks, stream shovels, etc etc etc . . .

In other words, there's more than one way skin a cat! Very Happy

Apply that thinking to aliens who develop technology. Yes, I agree that they need more than intelligence.

~ They need hands, or some kind of appendages that can manipulate the environment — but these appendages can be very different from ours.

~ They need eyes — but they can also very different from ours.

~ They need legs to move around, or some other way to be mobile. But two human legs are definitely not the only way to do that.

Gord, all the tasks our bodies must perform to develop technology could be done just as well (or better) by radically different aliens bodies with their own versions of hands, eyes, legs, etc.

After all, evolution is simply a "crap shoot"! We managed to acquire all our physical features because of random mutations and blind luck. There is nothing preordained about our design. We started out as cellular life in the ocean . . . and we wound up here.

Ta-daaa! We got real lucky! Laughing

And all those intelligent "technological" aliens out their got lucky too — but not necessarily in the ways we did!

Just like the fact that there are lots of different poker hands that can beat the "worst" hand a player can be dealt, there's many ways for the aliens to "get lucky" and acquire what they need to develop technology, just like we did.

Since there are so many "winning hands" in this galactic poker games (a near infinite number), I strongly doubt there's another winner who looks remotely like us.
Very Happy

Gord wrote:
"Form follows function", would VERY much favor the basic human model and rather than being the exception would be the norm and MOST common in reality.

The definition of that phrase (which actually pertains to architecture and other man-made objects) is as follows:

'Form follows function' is a principle that proposes a building's purpose should be the starting point for its design rather than its aesthetics.

Since we're not "designed" (we just got lucky), we can't assume that the physical forms of aliens will be influenced by a "need" to have hands, eyes, legs and so forth which resemble ours. They just need physical attributes which have the same abilities.

Therefore, all those aliens will just have play the poker hands they were dealt, and use whatever physical attributes evolution gave them.

For example, that fishy-looking character below seems to have the means to develop technology (eyes, hand-like appendages, and a way to move around, both on land and in water). But his physical form and his environmental needs are very different from "the basic human model". Cool

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
johnnybear
Mission Specialist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there is no real evidence that alien creatures cannot develop anywhere in the universe to not resemble human beings or humanoid life in general!

We know they may have larger eyes than us or be bald and have much larger craniums or might even have six fingers, but that is us believing we are SO superior to all other life!

Some people claim to have seen aliens look completely like us and may have engaged in sexual activity with them, while others talk of the Greys and even other stranger looking beings! There are a lot of mysteries still to be proven here on Earth, let alone in the outer reaches of space...
JB
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longtime UFO enthusiasts say the pandemic clearly has more people scanning the night skies. But there is another reason that the public might be newly receptive to the idea that the flicker on the horizon is worth reporting: The Pentagon revealed over the summer that it would soon convene a new task force to investigate so-called “unidentified aerial phenomena” observed from military aircraft. Last year, it declassified three videos of such sightings.

In addition, the $2.3 trillion appropriations package signed late last year by then-President Donald Trump includes a provision that the secretary of defense and director of national intelligence collaborate on a UFO report and release it to the public.

“It’s encouraging to many of us in the field of ufology that the government is willing to confirm that they are aware of these circumstances, that they are conceding that people are reporting these events,” said NUFORC director Peter Davenport.

Previously, he said, the government appeared to have believed “that people like me are just crazy — and we’re not.”

Davenport and his peers are quick to point out that any uptick in sightings does not mean a spike in flying saucers. Unidentified flying objects are just that — airborne phenomena that have not yet been identified. The vast majority of sightings called in to the reporting center are swiftly determined to be things such as birds, bats, satellites, planes and drones, he said.

A number of sightings last year were quickly identified as satellites launched by SpaceX, Elon Musk’s space-exploration initiative that conducted test runs over northern Idaho last year. One viral TikTok video of an object hovering in New Jersey last year turned out to be a Goodyear blimp.

“A skilled UFO investigator is one of the most skeptical people around,” Davenport said.

Only a small fraction of reports scrutinized by NUFORC, which is based in Washington state, are truly not identifiable. That proportion has not changed even as more calls have poured in, according to Davenport.

Ufologists are frequently prickly when it comes to the subject of apparent increases in UFO sightings, warning that bumps occur with regularity over the years, and are a favorite subject of news reports. The coverage itself may also drive up sightings, they warn.

In New York, as city dwellers have tried to escape the virus by relocating to the countryside, they have driven up rural sightings, said Chris DePerno, assistant director of the New York state branch of the Mutual UFO Network, a nonprofit organization that uses civilian investigators to study reports of UFOs.

Absent urban light pollution, he said, the transplants are taking new notice of the night sky and whatever may be in it.

“They come up toward the Hudson Valley — it’s beautiful up there, you get clear skies and then all of a sudden you see this thing zipping through the sky, that stopped on a dime, goes straight up, takes off again, stops, comes back. We’re talking incredible speeds,” said DePerno, a retired police detective. “With the COVID thing, more people are looking up.”

The seeming uptick in reports has come as a relief to some who say they’ve seen mysterious floating craft but feared they were alone.

“Because of the Pentagon being outed, there is more news now, there is more reporting now,” said Stringfellow, who goes by Cookie. “People aren’t so afraid to say, ‘Oh, jeez, I was in the woods now, or I was by the lake, and this thing came down.’”

But for a 65-year-old retired New York State Park Police officer from Granville (along the state border with Vermont) who asked not to be named because he worried about going public with his belief in UFOs and extraterrestrial life, full acceptance still feels a ways off. The lingering fear of ridicule may be suppressing the true numbers of UFO sightings, he suggested; there might, in fact, be more out there.

He urged city folks to stay calm should they see a UFO, just as he did one evening about 30 years ago, when, he said, he spotted a football-fields-long object floating beside the Taconic State Parkway as he finished a patrol shift. And most important, he said, people should not let fear of being mocked prevent them from reporting what they see.

If enough people report UFOs when they see them, he said, the world will believe they are telling the truth.

This article originally appeared in The New York Times.

© 2021 The New York Times Company

This is the same one I experienced 30 years ago . . .

Last edited by Gord Green on Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bud wrote:
The definition of that phrase (which actually pertains to architecture and other man-made objects) is as follows:

'Form follows function' is a principle that proposes a building's purpose should be the starting point for its design rather than its aesthetics.

That is a real definition of the architectural meaning of the phrase, but as applied to biology and physical anthropology it is a bit different. It simply means that a biological trait will evolve to fulfill the function of its' neecesity. Eyes, or organs with the ability to perceive light, have evolved seven sepertate times in terrestrial biology, although in very different ways. The light sensing organs in insects, crustaciasions, arachnids, mammals etc. are all very different in details but are similar in form.

Grasping organs may have three fingers, five fingers or other combinations, but all are articulated and of similar form. Tentecles may be able to "grab" but they would never be capable of building a seven jeweled watch.

In a simple statement my argument is this....An intelligent, technological organism with the abillity to achieve the ability to reach out to the stars would need to have evolved in a similar (NOT necessarily identical) way as Homo Sapiens did. Their form would be similar (Again...NOT identical) to the Human form. Two arms or four, two eyes or three...the details are irrelevant. In any regard, we would recognize them as cousins if not brothers. Thousands, perhaps millions of more years of existance would alter their form but we would still see the basic plan beneath.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah well, your argument has real merit, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. Sadly, we probably won't live long enough to ever find out which of us is right. Sad

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Morbius
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evolution, UFOs, and the future of Mankind (PC – Us)

Evolution is a most interesting topic to understand the human, past, present, and future (biologically speaking).

Most think of evolution in Darwinian terms. Darwin was an empiricist. But his observations were truly historical for promulgating the theory of evolution.

In evolution, some things can be simplified although the subject is very complex. There are “forces” in evolution which direct how a population responds to its environment. (Respond in the meaning of adaptation). Isolated pockets of animals or people will tend to diverge (in their evolution) even without external factors. This divergence will be to ensure survival of the species and in particular to eliminate competition.

As an example, the finches on the Galapagos developed different beaks to derive energy (food) from various insects and their habitats. As a result, competition was avoided, species survival was enhanced, and the ecosystem in general flourished. Many species and/or populations adjust to the environment (not a conscious decision) because of various forces acting upon them.

Taking a hypothetical, creatures in a cold climate, tend to develop fur, a thick coat. Predatory animals develop extraordinary mouthparts. Some like snakes and other creatures evolve venom.

All of these adaptations (directed by the forces of evolution including mutation) result basically in animals or people (early humans) avoiding competition and obtaining energy in the most effective, efficient manner.

In other words, fitting into a niche. In other words, if it took too much energy to obtain food, say because of ineffective mouthparts, others of the species with more effective mouthparts, would be comparatively more successful. Those best suited for the environmental conditions would tend to pass on their genes to offspring and the particular species and population would thrive. Evolution (successful adaptation) would account for divergence and the future survival.

So, without going into a lot of detail how does this apply to humans. You could say that as far as a biological entity, humans have pretty much mastered as much as they can. We are no longer subject to the environment as our predecessors were. Likewise, our intelligence has provided the means and opportunity to survive longer and reproduce to a greater extent, conquering various diseases etc.

Fortunately, we live in an age where silicone computer chips have been developed and prevail throughout the world in industrialized societies. Aside of course from some primitive cultures. This experience with silicone computer chip technology makes for a vivid future projection.

Most of you can recognize that technology has been increasing at a phenomenal rate. Even now there is concern about Artificial Intelligence. Various movies such as the Terminator have explored this potentially threatening theme.

Now ask yourselves what is the most feared aspect that a human can face. The answer of course is death. Additionally, it should be recognized that the extension of life has occurred through technology. This is a constant and universal theme. This defines the new environment for humans, the new evolution, technology.

In an effort to extend human life, silicone technologies (computer chips) will be used for a variety of medical cures- besides the extension of life, a greater progression of society in general.

This line of modern-day evolution will eventually lead to a to a life form with as much silicon chip as biological functioning. Taking this still further the path of evolution for humans could be in much the same way as fish were important for human evolution so also is human technology leading to sentient beings based on computer chips and artificial intelligence (as we currently understand it)

Imagine some type of supercomputer that can mimic in every way possible the human mind. Imagine further that it can actually apply emotion to it’s thought process and even rewrite its programming to accommodate various situations. Now granted this supercomputer may live in a box and it may have wires connected to it supplying power (electricity).

Now imagine the human race a thousand years hence, where human beings would be supplemented with technology and even smart chips. In other words, your obsolete cell phone would be but a small segment of a chip implanted in your brain. Just thinking about talking to your spouse, son, daughter etc. would just be a simple thought and you would be connected. Take another thousand years hence everything that you experience as a human, love, joy, friendship, would be communicated on a global level, similar to the Internet.

But your body in effect would be limited perhaps only to some type of food or a simplified digestive track. Another thousand years hence you would be a microchip on a huge motherboard. Everything that you could possibly experience as a human would be a simulation in reality. There would be no such thing as pain, or death, or at least for however long the silicone master chip could live or exist, and even then, there would be a backup.

So, you as an individual would have evolved as a silicone entity with the ability to live forever and have a happy existence. All right, you question who would maintain and make this integrated system of computer chips for a population. The answer of course is that technology would. We’ve taken care of that. So now you have the concept of a super race the ultimate evolution of humanity. This to me seems like a natural progression, given a stable environment and enough time, in other words populations existing irrespective of the forces of nature, food, hunger, war, earthquakes, hurricanes, disease, death.

Nothing you experience would be any different than a fun filled day on vacation at the beach, on the water, at the park, or intimacy. All as a sentient silicone being.
So, I think this is probably the pathway of most advanced civilizations, from a primitive start of a paramecium existence, ultimately to a society of silicone entities.

So how does any of this relate to UFOs? UFOs may be a form of a silicon chip being, sort of like a worker bee to the hive. The cylon ships in Battlestar Galactica where individuals as were their human look-alike counterparts but programed for a single-purpose. The typical UFO Grays may actually be biological entities created by the super chip beings to function but yet ultimately lacking longevity and superior intellect. In other words, tools.

What is the agenda of the super chip beings? Could they be so far advanced that their primitive paramecium beginnings prevent them from any communication with us? In other words, we are so low on the evolutionary pole as to be incomprehensible to them?

So, I find it encouraging that at least at this point the military and government seem to acknowledge the existence of these unknowns and that in itself is a significant leap forward in our understanding and possible disclosure of the phenomena? Looking forward to see how this all plays out.

Another concept regarding these unknowns could be an alternative but parallel universe similar to the TV show Sliders, where these unknowns slip in and out of our dimension without really traveling millions of light-years.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ufos-exist-government-covering-them-170324057.html

Here's an update on the disclosure....from Yahoo

Brad Callas
May 1, 2021,

UFOs Exist and the Government is Covering Them Up, Former Pentagon Official Says

With a bombshell government report on UFOs expected to arrive in June, an ex-Pentagon official has revealed to the New York Post that the government is fully aware that “unidentified aerial phenomena” are real.

According to Luis Elizondo, former head of the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, which operated out of the secretive fifth floor of the Pentagon’s C Ring, senior Pentagon officials are unwilling to publicly acknowledge the existence of UFOs due to “religious objections, concerns over tarnishing its own reputation and fears of inciting public panic.”

“Some individuals have a problem with this topic because it interferes with their philosophical or maybe theological belief system,” Elizondo told the Post.

Elizondo maintained that his biggest concern involving the cover-up of UFOs is that it’s a serious national security risk.

“We are behind the power curve,” said Elizondo, when describing how military bosses turn blind eyes to unexplained phenomena. “We know that foreign adversaries in other countries are interested in this topic. So there comes a real problem from a national security perspective.”

The extensive interview comes just two weeks after Pentagon officials confirmed the legitimacy of recently leaked images and video of triangle-shaped UFOs.

“As we have said before, to maintain operations security and to avoid disclosing information that may be useful to potential adversaries, DOD does not discuss publicly the details of either the observations or the examinations of reported incursions into our training ranges or designated airspace, including those incursions initially designated as UAP,” Pentagon spokeswoman Susan Gough said in a statement.

scotpens
Starship Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do UFOs exist? Of course they do. A UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object. Occasionally objects are seen in the sky that can't be immediately identified. A small percentage of those remain unidentified. To assume that that small percentage must therefore be spacecraft of extraterrestrial origin is a classic ad ignorantiam fallacy.

And that's all I have to say on that subject.

Morbius wrote:
. . . Now imagine the human race a thousand years hence, where human beings would be supplemented with technology and even smart chips. In other words, your obsolete cell phone would be but a small segment of a chip implanted in your brain. Just thinking about talking to your spouse, son, daughter etc. would just be a simple thought and you would be connected.

The President's Analyst predicted that in 1967!

YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2NNZdigSXg&ab_channel=RicardoGardel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: