ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TNG S6 Ep 14 — Face of the Enemy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: TNG S6 Ep 14 — Face of the Enemy Reply with quote

I wasn't a bit surprised when I read the IMDB trivia item that said this was Marina Sirtis' favorite episode!

She really got to strut her stuff while playing a bad-ass Romulan bitch!

__________________ TNG: Face of the Enemy

And it took me a while to remember that Carolyn Seymour (shown above) also played a nasty Romulan in the episode called Contagion, as well as playing a crabby Victorian lady in a episode of Voyager, when Captain Janeway enjoyed a romantic holodeck story set in the 1800s.

IMDB also has this interesting item:

Worf's ponytail makes its debut here, something he would keep for the remainder of this series and when he moved on to Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (1993). Michael Dorn wanted the change because he was tired of "looking like a Klingon who's just been to the beauty salon!"

I laughed when I read that, because in the episode Schisms (S6 Ep5), Worf went to the ship's barber and requested a haircut. The barber promised to "just take a little off the top."

Worf doesn't HAVE hair on top! And the hair he does have is so long, the only place a barber could trim it would be off the bottom to shorten it! Laughing

Even funnier was the way the barber just stood behind Worf and made rapid snipping motions up and down the back of his head! He was obviously not cutting a damn thing — and if he had, he would have ruined the wig Michael Dorn was wearing. Rolling Eyes

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always enjoyed this episode. However, as always, our Nitpicker's Guide For ST:TNG has something to say.

I wonder if the Romulans keep visual records similar to Starfleet's? If so, did Commander Toreth look up Major Rakal's records? And, if she did, does the dissident movement have enough pull to alter the records, or does Troi just happen to look exactly like Rakal?

Hoe does Troi know her way around this massive Romulan star ship? Did the computer on the Romulan warbird instruct her on how to make her way around the vessel?

Why do the Romulan doorways on this ship have raised thresholds several inches off the floor?

Krel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pow wrote:
Why do the Romulan doorways on this ship have raised thresholds several inches off the floor?

It's in-case the water in the swimming pool gets sloshed out during violent maneuvers, that way it won't flood the whole ship. Laughing

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Star Trek on Television All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: