ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Medusa Touch (1978 UK)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bogmeister
Galactic Fleet Vice Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 11:57 am    Post subject: The Medusa Touch (1978 UK) Reply with quote

____________________ Medusa Touch Trailer

Rare sci-fi starring role for Richard Burton.

This was late in his career and he plays an unlikable, creepy sort in this one, someone who finds out that he has vast telekinetic powers which can be used for acts of destruction.
Lee Remick co-stars as a psychiatrist who gradually comes to believe the unbelievable.

Most of the film is actually a flashback. The key scene and what everyone who has seen this remembers is when Burton's character shows off his power on a flying commercial airliner.

This is also part murder-mystery, but Burton's character — the supposed victim — is hard to kill due to a superhuman will to live. Rather hackneyed and a bore . . . similar to The Fury (7Cool from around the same time.

BEHIND-THE-SCENES:

___

BoG's Score: 4 out of 10

BoG
Galaxy Overlord Galactus
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production. Very Happy

~ The Boeing 747 model used was a nine-foot (2.7 meters) long former travel agents window model made out of perspex by Space Models of Feltham. The model was suspended twenty feet (six meters) above the floor of Shepperton Studios for its fifty-yard (45.7 meters) run to the Office block.

Note from me: I wonder what the studio paid for it.

~ According to Lee Remick about Richard Burton: "We each did the film because the other would be in it."

Note from me: I wonder if Elizabeth Taylor knew about this mutual admiration society. Confused

~ Film critic Roger Ebert, then co-starring on the television program Sneak Previews (1975) alongside Gene Siskel, named this picture "The Worst Movie of 1978".

Note from me: Amazing! It's actually worse than Grease and Jaws 2? Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: