ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 10-31-21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 10-31-21 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Praise the Lord and pass the photon torpedoes! It's Sunday at last! Very Happy

And it's also Graduation Day for the students who have spent this week studying diligently at The Pow Institute of Hollywood History.

Caps and gowns are not required, since the entire graduating class has completed the course by remote learning — including the ones who are not indigenous to Earth.
Mr. Green

Students, please listen carefully.

When Dean Pow calls out your name, simply hold out your right hand (or a corresponding appendage), and your diploma will be beamed directly to you.

Congratulates to the entire graduating class of 2021! I told you it would be easy! Cool

For the benefit of those students who need to take a make-up final exam to graduate, your test is below. Remember: Replies = Grades! Good luck.

The Thing (1982)

Opening Statement: Bud, when you referred to the Pod People from "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" it made me think of something.

What if there was a film where we see not one but two different alien life forms invading the Earth simultaneously? Each ALF has its own ruthless agenda as we humans are caught in the middle.

Imagine a Body Snatchers vs the Thing scenario.

The Unearthly (1957)

Opening Statement: Bud, your query regarding genetically engineered glands put me in mind of "The Outer Limits" only 2-part episode "The Inheritors" first broadcast on November 21 & 28, 1964.

Written by Seeleg Lester & Sam Neuman, from an idea by Ed Adamson. Early titles were "The Hu Tan Project" and "The Pied Piper Project."

This was a wonderful episode and certainly one of the finest to come out of TOL.

TOS Assignment: Earth

Opening Statement: The only plot device I disliked from this otherwise intriguing s-f TV pilot was Isis.

I just never bought that a highly evolved alien civilization would come up with the idea of a black cat as a monitor/assistant to Gary Seven. Too hokey.

The cat concept seemed out of place to me. It kinda delves more into fantasy than s-f; at least for me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: