ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 12-13-21

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 12-13-21 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

What do you get when you combine a ruthless alien hunter, a giant alien robot, and cybernetic policemen!

You get All Sci-Fi's Featured Threads for Monday, December 13th! Cool

Not a bad trio of movies, eh?

Predator (1987)

Opening Statement: IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production

~ Jesse Ventura was delighted to find out from the wardrobe department that his arms were one inch bigger than Arnold Schwarzenegger's. He suggested to Schwarzenegger that they measure arms, with the winner getting a bottle of champagne. Ventura lost, because Schwarzenegger had told the wardrobe department to tell Ventura that his arms were bigger.

Note from me: This is a hysterical gag!

The Iron Giant (1999)

Opening Statement: IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production

~ Brad Bird personally animated the scene where Hogarth rants to Dean about his problems in a super fast pace after he gives him Espresso.

Note from me: Not many directors are also skilled artists. Brad Bird and James Cameron are the only two I know of, but there are probably others.

Robocop (1987)

Opening Statement: IMDB has several interesting trivia items for this production.

~ It was discovered that when in full RoboCop costume, Peter Weller could not fit properly into the police car as he was too bulky. That's why most shots of him show him exiting the car or preparing to get into it.

For shots where he actually needed to be in the car, he only wore the top part of the costume and sat in his underwear. However, to maintain the illusion that RoboCop wears the entire suit while inside a car, most shots show his robotic feet exiting the car first.

Note from me: I'm not sure I believe the part below.

"For shots where he actually needed to be in the car, he only wore the top part of the costume and sat in his underwear."

I suspect he did in fact have pants on . . .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: