ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 1-9-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 1-9-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

It's time for Crime stories — two of which are Time Crimes! Very Happy

~ Big bad John McClane takes on high tech thieves in a high rise office building. Yippee Ki-Yay!

~ H.G. Wells tracks down Jack the Ripper in modern day San Fransisco.

~ Jean-Claude Van Damme has to travel through time and get help from his younger self to solve his wife's murder from years before . . . and save her life! Shocked

Live Free or Die Hard (2007)

Opening Statement: ~ The stunt featuring McClane driving a police car into a helicopter took three weeks to rehearse. The shot was accomplished by suspending the helicopter in the air with cables and combining two separate shots; one of the stuntman leaping from the helicopter and one of the car colliding with it. CGI was then used to delete the support cables and add rotor blades.

Note from me: Hey, ya gotta give 'em credit for not just CGI-ing the whole shot

Time After Time (1979)

Opening Statement: I watched a recent DVR of this movie from TCM, and I was prepared to endured the many things about I despise and just enjoy the many things about it I appreciate.

I'll talk about the good aspects first so that anyone who doesn't want to listen to me rundown this enjoy movie because of it's puzzling and unforgivable flaws can can skip the rest of the post. Very Happy

First and foremost, the cast is pure gold!

Malcolm McDowell nails the role of H.G. Wells, partly because he succeeds in portraying the confusion which Wells felt at being at being in a totally alien world, and partly because he frequently demonstrates how well he's using his intelligence to adapt to this strange and challenging new environment.

Timecop (1994)

Opening Statement: Well, by gum, YouTube has all nine episodes and they look great! I think I'll treat myself to a Timecop binge-watching birthday! (Which is today. Very Happy)

Chill all my beer, hold all my calls, and don't be surprised if I show up yesterday and claim I'm just 72! Cool

Hey, what about a time travel story in which an elderly traveler becomes the age he was on the day he goes back to! He still has all his memories, but his body gets younger while he is in a past time period within his own current lifespan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: