ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 1-21-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:53 am    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 1-21-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Recommended for today: A discussion about alien color schemes, a great review of a 1974 TV movie, and a post which corrected my misconceptions about a 1975 sci-fi film.

Read 'em and add something — or I'll tell everybody you're cheating on your wife and/or girl friend! Twisted Evil

It Came from Outer Space (1953)

Opening Statement: Great post, David. Very Happy

I don't think the green version of the alien is really accurate. The aliens in the movie appeared to be like jelly-fish — with translucent membranes devoid of color.

___

I wonder why Bob would even think that having a replica which was opaque and a sickly green would even be worth having! It's like that ghastly colorized green Ymir in 20 Million Miles to Earth.

Frankly, I wouldn't even want to own the damn thing . . . Rolling Eyes

I was surprised, however, by how appealing a
green ymir was when I boosted the color on the screen shot above.

Planet Earth (1974 TV movie)

Opening Statement: Excellent concepts, Mike! I'm getting great mental images of the New Improved Planet Earth you've described.

It's sad that laymen like us can concoct such fine plans for a science fiction series, and yet only a handful of producers in Hollywood seem to have the ability to do it.

Rollerball (1975)

Opening Statement: Today I watch a DVR of this movie from TCM (it was the first time I'd seen it), and it was a very different story than I expected — despite having read all the comments on this thread since it was first start by Spike in 2014!

David, your review was probably the best one you've contributed to All Sci-Fi, and that's really saying something. Very Happy

Actually, I stopped the DVR recording about halfway through the movie and looked at this thread again before finishing the film.

My appreciation for your review was heightened by the fact that the first half of the movie had already corrected my preconceived notions about Rollerball which were based solely on what I'd read over the rears and the clips I'd seen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: