ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 2-11-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2022 2:32 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 2-11-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Well, this is the last three of Bongopete's posts that I'll present as Featured Threads. Sad

He still hasn't answered the most recent email I sent him on February 5th. But at least I didn't get an error message that said it was "undeliverable" — so, we might yet see The Return of Bongopete! Shocked

UFO (1970 - 1973)

From the people that brought you Stingray and Thunderbirds came 'UFO'. The Anderson's first live action series and one that the critics loved to jump on and call the acting wooden and of course comparing the actors to the Anderson's puppets.

Still, some really great sfx and several really good episodes.

One episode I remember more for the ending than anything else has a UFO being forced down near a farmhouse where a couple are having an elicit affair (do people still have those??). The alien decides to go into the house whereupon the woman shoots him!

The surprise of course being that she was expecting her husband and was planning on killing him. The Shadow team looking for the alien arrives, gives the couple an amnesia drug so they won't remember anything to do with the alien and let them go.

Straker I think encounters the husband and knows what the couple were planning but can't really do anything about it. The episode ends, but I think for the only show in the series, instead of the credits playing over a camera pullback from Earth, we see the woman standing looking down onto what the camera reveals to be the grave of her now late husband. She turns and walks off to join her lover.

We viewers know that she still winds up killing her husband.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think compared to what was then on USTV where crime must always be punished, THIS episode was a bit of a surprise!

Gorgo (1961 England)

ottom line though is that it STILL has an annoying PEPE character!!!!

Kidding aside, it really does give a logical explanation as to why the creature attacks London. Something most films blow off except with a real flimsy reason (like ancient spawning ground).

Thunderbirds Are Go (1966 England)

Opening Statement: I never really cared that the wires could be seen at times, even as a very young child I knew that this wasn't real, and it didn't bother me or break my suspension of belief at all.

The miniature work WAS fantastic!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: