ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 3-21-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:10 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 3-21-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Custer has interesting things to say about Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016), Limitless (2015), and The Rocketeer (1991).

I'm sure a few of folks can think of equally interesting things to add to the discussion. Very Happy

Like, for example, in the great artwork above, how come the rocket pack isn't roasting his backside and her frontside? Confused

And am I the only who stopped looking at the sexy girl long enough to noticed that one foot is bare because her shoe is falling through the air below her?

See how easy it is to to add SOMETHING to a post to keep good old All Sci-Fi from becoming extinct like those poor old dinosaurs? Sad

Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Yes, those two movies aren't bad at all - Pacific Rim better than Battleship, I think.

I'm just back from Batman v Superman, and the big surprise was how full the place was - rolling up about five minutes before the ads started, I was lucky to get a seat. Except for the wider "premium" seats, the place was packed, and that's not what I expect at 1:30 in the afternoon.

There were times when I chuckled or even laughed at the absurdity of what we were being shown (though the soundtrack was loud enough for that not to disturb my neighbours) - and there were times when, come on, we need Wonder Woman here to sort things out, where the heck has she got to?

I'm just surprised how well-kept the secrets of what happens have been kept. Forget about Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg, they don't appear in the movie - except for brief, small-scale security footage viewed on Diana's laptop.

And enjoy the credits and the music at the end if your bladder allows, just don't expect an extra scene. The film starts off as a Batman movie with occasional shots of the Man of Steel, though things do even up a bit later. It's all way over the top, but that doesn't have to stop us enjoying the ride, right?

Limitless (2015)

We know that NZT does have serious side effects, including premature ageing, hallucinations, and death, unless the subject is given a special "booster shot" that, for a time at least, negates those.

It's handy that the effects of the pill last for exactly twelve hours - though I suppose that's just due to the size of the dose, and the pill-maker carefully calculated how much NZT to put in the pill to make it so.

Many drugs do have a diminishing return, true, but I guess we can cut the creative people here a bit of slack. Or do we have to take larger and larger doses of aspirin, or whatever, each time a new headache strikes...?

The Rocketeer (1991)

I think this thread needs some Dave Stevens art showcasing his creation - so I've just scanned (and cropped away some of the margins) the back cover of 1982's Starslayer #2 from Pacific Comics, which was where all this started:

The first serial actually had Doc Savage and his crew in it, though it would have been a bit expensive to actually identify them by name. Having them in the movie would have been fun, if impractical! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: