ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 3-31-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 3-31-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

An undersea adventure from The Land of the Rising Sun, as well as a strange tale about aliens replacing people with "android doppelgangers.

And there's a movie that has no dialogue in any actually language. It's all just made up "caveman" talk, which put the audience to sleep: Rolling Eyes

But of course, there's always Raquel Welch's remarkably accurate portrayal of prehistoric women . . . who obviously evolved much faster than the rest of the human race! Shocked

Terror Beneath the Sea (1966)

The late Tim Edwards (Bulldogtrekker) and I downloaded this one several years ago and enjoyed it in a synchro-cinema by watching it at the same time in our separate home states (North and South Carolina) while chatting on YouTube. Very Happy

This was back in the day when illegal downloads were common and we managed to acquire a sizable library of movies we could enjoy together. Unfortunately, most of our preferred sites have been shut down these days. Sad

But since we were devoted sci-fi fans and Bond enthusiast, we had fun with this one.

Damn, I sure miss Bulldogtrekker!

The Human Duplicators (1965)

I checked the picture quality of the YouTube version of this movie just to see if it was good enough to watch.

Not only is the quality poor, I'm sure I'd be too distracted from plot by all the familiar music the film borrowed. For example, in the opening scene showing the "flying saucer" they used a segment from When Worlds Collide. Add to this the fact that the saucer remarkable like a 19th century stained glass lampshade!

At the 8:30 mark they suddenly play a piece from It Came from Outer Space, followed quickly by a badly edited section from This Island Earth. Later I hard and clumsy montage of clips from Destination Moon.

I must admit, however, that this movie has more than it's share of attractive ladies. Barbara Nicoles and Delores Faith are easy on the eyes, as well as several of the android gals.

The two lab assistants in tight nurse's uniforms are both knockouts! They're played by Margaret Teele and Alean 'Bambi' Hamilton. IMDB bills them as "Blond Lab Assistant" and "Brunette Lab Assistant" respectively. Wink

Miss Hamilton has a small role in Angry Red Planet. I could not find a single photo of her — at least not one worth posting. Sad

One Million Years B.C. (1966 England)

Wow, Bogmeister sure liked this movie more than I did! I think both it and When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth are ridiculous. Poor stories and no dialog. What were those people thinking? Shocked

However, Caveman (1981) is a wonderful comedy, complete with a consistent caveman language we actually learn during the movie. Before the film is twenty minutes over we know what the cave folks are talking about! Very Happy

I even like the stop motion in Caveman better than Harryhausen's unfortunate attempt at a prehistoric epic!

_______ Caveman (1981): Drunken-Dinos, Oh My

But BoG certainly put time and effort into his review, and I admire him for that. Don't miss the funny little video at the end, Dino Time. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: