ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 4-4-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:05 am    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 4-4-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

Presented here today is a less-than-perfect movie from 1980, and ambitious movie that doesn't live up to it's promise, and a blatantly off-topic discussion about an amazing futuristic cars.

Warning (1980)

Here's the trailer and the full movie. The movie has a pretty good pictures.

The trailer makes the mistake of showing several scenes of the circular "flying" creatures the alien sends out to kill people. They look ridiculous, like wobbling, misshapen frisbees, flying towards the camera, mostly out of focus. Rolling Eyes

But the rest of the movie appears to be more professionally made. Watch for a funny scene with Larry Storch as a Scout Master marching in front his Boy Scouts in the woods, singing a hymn while the boys behind him are singing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall". Laughing

_______Without Warning (1980) - Official Trailer

_______________ WITHOUT WARNING (1980)

The Day Time Ended (1980)

Here's the trailer and the full movie — all for the low, low price of $0.00! Cool

The trailer makes this production seem like a fantastic movie! But the HD image and the widescreen aspect ratio makes the crappy 4:3 YouTube video of the full movie look bad by comparison, spoiling my initial temptation to watch it. Sad

The remastered Blu-ray is $19.95 on Amazon, and frankly, I'm tempted. Confused

________

______________ The Day Time Ended HD Trailer

________________The Day Time Ended (1980)

Warlords of Atlantis (1978 England)

Maybe one of our members owns the DVD and can tell us.

On a semi-related note, the scene in Jerry Lewis' movie Cinderfella has several shots which are mysteriously missing from all the TV airings I've ever seen. Shocked

The shots all show the custom made "future car" known as the Golden Sahari II, which was used as Jerry's royal coach when he goes the fancy party (the royal ball, so to speak). I saw the movie at a theater when was first released, and I loved the futuristic automobile.

Ed Wynn, who played Jerry's Fairy Godfather, turned a goldfish into a golden skinned robot-like chauffeur, and we see Jerry being driven to the ball in the Golden Sahara II and back home again while the clock strikes twelve midnight.

The Golden Sahara II even made an appearance at a car dealership in Atlanta to promote the film, and I got to see it up close. I bought a copy of this black & white photo they were selling.

But in later years the scenes showing the Golden Sahara II were always edited out of the TV airings I saw! The YouTube version includes the brief scene of Jerry racing back home before midnight . . . but not the scene of the car being magically created and then driven to the ball!

The running time of the movie is 1 hour 31 minutes, but the YouTube version is 1 hour 13 minutes. So, more than 15 minutes are not in the YouTube version.

The reason I'm talking about this on the Warlords of Atlantis thread (starring Cyd Charisse, remember) is because I suspect the absence of Miss Charisse's delectable derriere in the opening credits of The Silencers, and also the deleted scenes of the Golden Sahara II in Cinderfella, are both caused by the same problem.

Legal issues.

Miss Charisse (or her heirs) might have asked (or sued) the studio to remove her fabulous fanny flash. And the owners of Golden Sahara II — famed custom car promoter Jim Street and custom car designer George Barris, (yes, THE George Barris) — might have encountered legal problems with the studio concerning the use of the car in Mr. Lewis' movie.

Hey, it's just a theory, guys. Smoke it over and tell me what you think.__

Historical footnote: The Golden Sahara II was retired from the car show circuit not long after it's appearance in Cinderfella and stored by Jim Street for decades. It deteriorated due to neglect, but was recently discovered and bought for $385,000, then it was given a a painstaking restoration, including the glowing translucent orange tires.

Here's what it looks like now. Cool

__________ 1959 Golden Sahara II Concept Car

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: