ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 5-13-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2022 5:34 pm    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 5-13-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

We all know James Bond is cool but Our Man Flint is what they call "next level stuff". Cool

Then there's the movie which taught us that Earth is a nice place to visit, but you don't want to live there when it's open season on humans . . . for alien Predators!

And finally there's everyone's favorite quadrupedal dinosaur, a Beast who allegedly came from 20,000 Fathoms, but which actually came for the North Pole! Go figure, eh? Shocked

And guys, just to demonstrate how easy it is to click on each of the links below and support good old All Sci-Fi with a few interesting replies, I'm going to add one to each thread below.

Hell, this ain't rocket science folks!
Laughing

Our Man Flint (1966)

scotpens wrote:
That lobby card depicts a bit of sadomasochism that's rather kinky for a 1960s film. Gila insists that Flint mark her shoulder with an electric branding device so she can pass as a supposedly brainwashed "pleasure unit". From the way they play the scene, it seems as if they both enjoyed the experience!

The lobby card is apparently misleading, scotpens.

Gila cries out from the pain when Flint brands her, and then she falls into his arms, sobbing pitifully. And he gives no indication that it was a pleasant experience and appears completely sympathetic as he comforts her.

I tried to find a clip of the scene on YouTube, but there doesn't seem to me one. But that lobby card certainly shows off Miss Golan's lovely figure! Wink

Predator 2 (1990)

I've always wanted to know about the Predator social system. How does these simple-minded hunters happen to possess such advanced technology? Their society must possess individuals who have a high intelligence and who don't give a rats ass about killing intelligent life forms for sadistic pleasure.

What about the Predator race's scientist, politicians, teachers, and others who have worked to advance the race?

The Predators we see in the movies are like rednecks who love to go camping every weekend and shoot everything they can — and then mount the heads on the walls of their basement rec rooms and brag about 'em to their beer drinkin' buddies! Shocked

There's more to this race than just the brutal bastards who rip out spines and polish skulls! Where are the members of this race who designed and built the starship that got them here? Shocked

The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms (1953)

It occurred to me that one "prehistoric quadrupedal carnivore" we all know is the dimetrodon, the dinosaurs we see in Journey to the Center of the Earth

The painting above makes it look terrific, but most of the other illustration I've seen just aren't as impressive. However, the model shown below is an exception.

A stop motion dimetrodon rampaging through New York would look pretty cool! Cool

But of course, not as cool as the rhedodaurus. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: