ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Witch is most worthy of a revival??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2021 to Tomorrow!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:15 pm    Post subject: Witch is most worthy of a revival?? Reply with quote

These are all worthy of a return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sO6kjMW4LU

Witch of these were your first choice?

I would love to see a return of BLAKES SEVEN with contemperary effects and production .

What is your first choice, and why ??

mach7
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video Gord!

I've never seen Blakes Seven, so I can't comment on it.

UFO. An an outstanding show in the early '70s and it definitely
deserves a quality remake. All the elements are there for a really captivating run of episodes!
I have all the UFO episodes on my computer and watch them.
Great characters, great storyline, great equipment, great intrigue. There was/is so much more to tell in this show.

The Invaders. Another outstanding show that deserves a remake. Some fans call it the beginning of the UFO show.
Seeing as Roy Thinnes worked with the Andersons in 1968 on Journey to the far side of the sun just after he finished the Invaders. There is a good chance that the Anderson's got the idea for UFO at this time.
Like UFO, The Invaders story is incomplete and as such could use a retelling. The '90s remake was poorly done.

Space 1999. I love this show, Visually its spectacular! Plotwise it's a huge disappointment. The stories are shallow and underdeveloped. The 2nd season is a joke.
Let it be.
Now if it was done as the second season of UFO (as originally planned) that might change my thinking.

Time Tunnel. It's been done to death. The Quantum Leaps are basically a modernization of the idea.
I've tried to watch the show again, but I just I just can't get interested.

Really none of the Irwin Allen shows lend themselves for remakes. While they are interesting, all are deeply flawed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2021 to Tomorrow! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: