ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FEATURED THREADS for 6-6-22

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject: FEATURED THREADS for 6-6-22 Reply with quote

If you're not a member of All Sci-Fi, registration is easy. Just use the registration password, which is —

gort

Attention members! If you've forgotten your password, just email me at brucecook1@yahoo.com.

If you've got a murder to solve, call Columbo — despite that rate coat he wore and the piece-of-junk car he drove.

If you've got a world to save, call Johnny Jupiter, who will do the job for free . . . with no strings attached. Laughing

But first, here's a word from our sponsor! Cool

Classic Commercials from the Golden Age of Sci-Fi!

Coming Soon!

Here's a collection of commercials from the sponsors of the shows we loved in the 1950s! The list below are the ones I've thought of so far.

I hope you guys will come up with more beloved products I can find YouTube videos for. Very Happy

Ovaltine (on Captain Midnight)

Kix Corn Cereal (also on Captain Midnight)

Wheat Chex, Rice Chex, and Corn Chex (on Space Patrol)

Kellogg's Sugar Corn Pops (on Wild Bill Hickock)

Bosco Chocolate Milk

Nestle's Quick

Armor Hot Dogs

I don't know about you guys, but this jingle brings back happy memories for me!
Very Happy

_____ Bosco Chocolate Syrup Commercial (1950s)

Columbo (1971)

I watched a Columbo episode on MeTV recently in which Vera Miles played a rich, ruthless, middle-aged woman who ran a successful cosmetics company.

She was competing with another company owned by Vincent Price, and she desperately needed a new product to boost sales and get her company out of financial difficulty.

A brilliant-but-arrogant young chemist (played by Martin Sheen) develops a cream that quickly removes facial wrinkles in minutes, and the effect lasts for hours! The cream is an extract from plant cells.

In other words . . . it's Genucel . . . forty years before the new miracle product actually appeared on today's market! Shocked

I watched the episode with wide-eyed wonder, because this crime drama from the 1970s had actually predicted a modern-day cure for old ladies who desperately want to smooth out their aging faces! Very Happy

Johnny Jupiter (1953)

I just couldn't resist Brewterizing the link for that wonderful children's program which Phantom shared with us. After all, people are more tempted to click on links like that if it includes a few bells and whistles!

My favorite science show from the 1950s was Mr. Wizard! The YouTube videos of that show seem to have been filmed in color, even though they were broadcast in B&W.

JOHNNY JUPITER. DuMont Television Network. 1950's Children's Sci-Fi / Fantasy Show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> What's New at All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: