ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 Favorite Star Trek "Behind the Scenes" Books

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Reference Books
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bulldogtrekker
Space Sector Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: 10 Favorite Star Trek "Behind the Scenes" Books Reply with quote

10 Favorite Star Trek "Behind the Scenes" Books
By Dayton Ward - November 20, 2014

For as long as I can remember, I've been fascinated by the process of making films and television. This, despite my utter lack of desire to actually be involved in that process. In particular, I enjoy reading or learning about story and script development, and how artists and designers come together to create the look of a movie or TV series. If it has to do with sets, props, models, wardrobe and countless other details that all collaborate to provide us with that we see on our screens, I'm probably interested in reading about it.

Naturally, this curiosity extends to Star Trek. In particular, I've always loved reading about the production of The Original Series, though each of the later shows obviously has plenty to keep me busy in this regard. There have been many books and articles written over the years covering just about every conceivable facet of this topic, and more continue to come out at a regular pace.

So, here's ten of my all-time favorite books chronicling behind-the-scenes aspects of Star Trek in its all its various incarnations. Presented here in order of original publication:

SAMPLE DESCRIPTION
Chekov's Enterprise: A Personal Journal of the Making of Star Trek: The Motion Picture, by Walter Koenig (February 1980) — A very candid on (and off!) set diary from the perspective of Lieutenant Chekov himself, this books provides a "You are there" look inside the daily grind of producing the very ambitious first Star Trek film. Mr. Koenig gives us welcome insight into the process of the cast reacquainting themselves with the roles they thought they had left behind years earlier, as well as the turmoils faced by Gene Roddenberry, director Robert Wise, and the entire crew as they labored to meet the aggressive December 1979 release date. Definitely worth reading if you can find a copy, either the original edition or the 1991 reprint.

WANT TO READ MORE;LINK
http://startrek.com/article/ten-for-ward-10-favorite-star-trek-behind-the-scenes-books
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Reference Books All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: