ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW KNEE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morbius
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject: NEW KNEE Reply with quote

It’s been over a week since my new knee operation. The knee had severe osteoarthritis and has been replaced with metal parts. The photo shows the new knee implants from the front. The visible railroad tracks are the metal staples used for stitches.

While there is still a lot of pain from the surgery itself the pain from the bone rubbing bone is gone.

Recovery time for this type of operation is supposed to be 12 weeks. Hopefully I can progress faster than that. They say it takes 3-6 months for the swelling to go down. Aside from the surgery pain, I can now walk normally, or at least better than before. So, it’s just a matter of healing now, but I am confident it’ll be alright. I’m impressed with what modern medicine can accomplish.

Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that your knee operation is behind you, Morbius. Hope that your recovery will be a speedy one.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you have a great recovery!

After years 4 years as a high school right tackle footballer and a three years as a College varsity sabre fencer, my knees are shot! Monthly shots of cortisone has helped . . . but I haven't been brave enough for a knee job.

But what the hell, I'm already part cyborg! Pacemaker and lenses in my eyes...Build on!

Morbius
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord Green wrote:
I hope you have a great recovery!

After years 4 years as a high school right tackle footballer and a three years as a College varsity sabre fencer, my knees are shot! Monthly shots of cortisone has helped . . . but I haven't been brave enough for a knee job.

But what the hell, I'm already part cyborg! Pacemaker and lenses in my eyes...Build on!!

Its a question of how much pain you can put up with. In the long run the replacement is probably the best solution. A short term inconvenience for a long term solution without pain. Just do one at a time. Good Luck.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly glad you're doing better, Maurice! Very Happy

When it comes to the pain that follows surgical procedures, I am absolutely fearless! Evil or Very Mad

Give me a few of these . . . and I can talk myself right out of having the operation. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: