ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honey, I Blew Up the Kid - Thinking Outside the Plot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject: Honey, I Blew Up the Kid - Thinking Outside the Plot Reply with quote

Thinking Outside the "Plot"!

Basically this the flip-side of the idea I proposed for Honey, Shrunk the Kids, about sneaking miniaturized armies into foreign countries and then restoring them to full size when they attack the country from within.

This question adds an addition strategy to that attack plan.

~ A Question for the Members: Could some of the shrunken soldiers be expanded from their microscopic size to a giant size so they could use their oversized handguns, rifles, bazookas, and grenades as "weapons of mass destruction"?

~ My Theory: This movies snuck in a clever use of physics by suggesting that the growing toddler was gaining mass whenever it became larger, because his body was converting energy intp matter!

The toddler only got larger whenever he was exposed to an energy source, such as household appliances which were in use during the early stages, and later when he wandered into Las Vegas and was surrounded by the bright lights!

The aspect of the growing process in this movie actually follows the laws of physics more accurately than Ant Man and The Wasp do, because the shrinking/enlarging process in their movies just ignores the problem of the creating extra mass out of nowhere! Shocked

Captain Starlight
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought of that. But it occurred to me that the original movie used a machine that shot a ray at the kids which shrunk them, then the same machine shot another ray to bring them back. So, maybe the first ray turned mass into energy and shrank the kids. Then the second ray turned energy into mass and returned them to normal.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The aspect of the growing process in this movie actually follows the laws of physics more accurately than Ant Man and The Wasp do, because the shrinking/enlarging process in their movies just ignores the problem of the creating extra mass out of nowhere!

Perhaps what is affected is not the mass, but the density!

The ray may alter the space between the atoms and molecules , maybe even the space between sub-atomic particles and quarks which would affect the "size" of tha subject.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: