ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Target Earth - Let's Create a Sequel! Concept #2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's Create a Brand New Kind of Sequel!

~ A Question for the Members: Would it be possible to create a sci-fi movie that served as a sequel to two separate movies from the 1950s?

~ Here's what I came up with.: In This Island Earth, the Zagons hated the Metalunans so much they refused all peace offerings and wound up nuking the entire planet.

In Target Earth, aliens of unknown origin attack the Chicago area and force the evacuation of the city. The invasion seems to be deliberate small-scale and localized for some reason.

I have an idea for a story that connects these two movies and provides a sequel that's inspired by their separate concepts.

Imagine a big budget sci-fi movie called Target: This Island Earth.

The Zagons have destroyed Metaluna, and now they want to wipe out Earth because they hate humans as much as they hated Metalunans, simply because some of our scientists aided the Metalunans (without knowing it.)

Because of this, the Zagpons send an army of robots to destroy mankind. They begin with a limited attack on an America city, just to test their prototype robots.

They were defeated, but the Zagons learned what improvements their robot soldiers needed.

Then they launched a global assault with an improved version.

Meanwhile, Rex Reason and Faith Domergue are called upon to share they're experiences concerning the Metalunans and the Zagons.

Richard Denning and Kathleen Crowley had first-hand experiences with the first group of alien robots, so they also become involved with the team of international scientists who are frantically reverse engineering the robots which were deactivated in the initial, small-scale assault.

The plan is to have our "new, improved" robot army battle the Zagon's robot army! (I mean, just look at this badass 'bot! Those Zagon sissy-bots won't have a chance!) Shocked

The battles would be magnificent, with human operators directing the actions of our robot army by remote control, wearing VR suits.

I'm sure we can come up with a dramatic situation in the climax which requires Reason and Denning to take over the remote controls of two man made robots. Together our heroes manage to capture an enemy spacecraft, fly up to the mother ship in orbit, fight their way into the main control room, and rip the guts out of the Zagon supercomputer which controls all the enemy robot soldiers!

Naturally we'd get to see legions of armed Zagons in the mothership who desperately battle the robots controlled by Reason and Denning. The two robots toss the hideous aliens around like rag dolls while charging through the ship's corridors and smashing through doors until they finally enter the large and impressive main control room!

God, can I write a great action scene or what!? Cool

As I said, this would a sequel to both of the classic sci-fi movies, a novel idea that was not done until a few of the Marvel movies made it work.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: