ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Dinosaur - Thinking Outside the Plot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

______

Thinking Outside the "Plot"!

Bud Brewster wrote:
The film is a major disappointment — but the story sounds terrific. A group of astronauts (both men and women) land on a planet which has wandered into the Solar system, a rocky world populated by dinosaurs and giant mammals.

It occurs to me that the premise for this low-budget movie has a lot more going for it than the way it was handled. Rolling Eyes

~ A Question for the Members: Could a competently done version of this story would be the ultimate Lost World story? After all, in this case the "world" isn't in pon Earth! It just moseys into our neck of the woods, loaded with dinosaurs and just itchin' to be explored!

~ My Theory: It occurs to me that the premise for this low-budget movie has a lot more going for it than than the lousy way it was handled. Rolling Eyes

The idea of a rogue planet entering our solar system is interesting all by itself! And the fact that it comes baring a bounty of prehistoric gifts is a novel idea to say the least.

This low-budget, poorly made movie presents an idea that deserves the deluxe treatment. Here's what we came up with.

Astronomers spot a new planet which miraculously appeared in Earth orbit, about 90,000,000 miles behind us, occupying Earth's L5 Lagrange Point. A multinational coalition is formed to send a team of scientist to this new planet and study it.

The new planet appears to be much like Earth, 65 million years ago, populated by prehistoric beast which are remarkably similar (but not identical to) the ones which our own fossil record includes!

The team of scientist surmise that a wormhole must have opened up right in front of the planet along its orbital path in a distant star system, with the other end of the wormhole located near Earth's L5 Lagrange Point.

I was absolutely delighted when Krel added a post that really amped up the whole concept!
Shocked

Krel wrote:
Could be an interesting action TV series Bud. It's similar to "Terra Nova" without the baggage of time travel. This is even better, because it's an alien world, and you wouldn't have to stick to Earth dinosaurs. You could have all types of animals and creatures, even giant insects, and possibly primitive natives and lost civilizations from earlier interstellar colonizers.

I was sticking too close to the (so-called) plot of King Dinosaur, and Krel's suggestion expanded the scope of the story significantly! Very Happy

_____*______*______*______*______*______*______*______*______*

So, there you have it. Three threads which represent collaborative efforts by All Sci-Fi members who not only love to watch science fiction, they love to create original concepts!

Call me vain, but I doubt there's another message board that does things like this. At least, I've certainly never found one . . . . Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Threads about Imaginary Sequels & Alternate Plotlines All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: