ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bud's RC Boat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pye-Rate
Starship Co-Pilot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Bud's RC Boat Reply with quote

This Destroyer Is The World's Largest Remote Controlled Vehicle

__

by Tyler Rogoway

What does the Navy do when it needs to know for sure that a new weapon system or electronic countermeasure works, not just under stringent lab-like settings or at a land based range, but in its intended operating environment?

They put it to sea on a giant remote controlled Destroyer — the USS Paul F. Foster (DD-964), a Spruance Class Destroyer that was originally commissioned in 1976 — and throw live missiles at it.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my lord, I want one of these to run around the pond in my subdivision and scare off the 50+ federally protected geese which crap all over the sidewalk surrounding our scenic area and making it impossible for residents like me to enjoy a walk around the pond without having to step carefully to avoid getting "goose poop" on our shoes . . . and tracking it back into our living rooms! Shocked

All Sci-Fi's lovely T-Shirt model lived in a home right on the edge of the pond (just two doors down from me) when she posed for this picture several years ago, but the problem wasn't as severe back in those days.

I'm glad she moved to California before this local disaster reached its current proportions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> SCIENCE now, add FICTION later All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: