ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 5:48 pm    Post subject: Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous Reply with quote

I watched a wonderful comedy for the first time recently, the remarkable sequel to Miss Congeniality, starring the talented Sandra Bullock. Very Happy

I loved the movie. It was extremely funny. The story was dramatic and exciting. The plot was constantly presenting unexpected plot twists, and Sandra Bullock's character had a great deal of depth — even more so than in the original!

After watching it, I went to Wikipedia to find out what the critics had to say. What I discovered was shocking! Shocked

The film received negative reviews from critics.

On Rotten Tomatoes it has an approval rating of 15% based on 147 reviews. The critical consensus reads: "Sandra Bullock is still as appealing as ever; too bad the movie is not pageant material."

On Metacritic the film has a score of 34 out of 100, based on reviews from 33 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews". Audiences surveyed by CinemaScore gave the film a grade B.

Robert Koehler of Variety called the film "Lame and inoffensive".

Roger Ebert for the Chicago Sun-Times calls the sequel "doubly unnecessary" and says "there is no good reason to go and actually see it."

I've never read reviews that were so negative, so vicious . . . and so complete damn wrong. This wonderful sequel is even better than the enjoyable original! Shocked

Since the movie was such a bomb, it's no surprise that the DVD is priced so low on Amazon. That made it easy for me to order it and add it to my favorite comedies.

Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous - Trailer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Movies in Other Genres All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: