ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Condor (1985)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1970 to 2000
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Krel
Space Ranger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:47 pm    Post subject: Condor (1985) Reply with quote

A TV pilot that takes place in the future year of 1999 in a high tech Los Angeles. There are monorails, self driving cars on the highways, robots man drive-thru coffee shops and the LA Police have LASER and missile armed drones, everyone uses LASER pistols. Just like the real 1999.

A master criminal named the Black Widow (Carolyn Seymour) and breaks out of prison with revenge on her mind. Several years before she stole a U.S. government master security program, but before she could use it she was captured by Christoper Proctor (Ray Wise), the top agent for a private international law enforcement agency named Condor.

Proctor wants to track her down but his boss, the creator of Condor Cyrus Hampton (Craig Stevens) wants him to take a new partner to replace the one he lost on his last mission. What he finds out is that his new partner, Lisa Hampton (a young Wendy Kilbourne) is actually a advanced human form robot (or android, it really isn't clear) that was commissioned by Cyrus. Proctor is not happy to hear this as he is not the biggest fan of robots,but he is forced to give her a chance.

Lisa is super strong, can interact with computer systems and read the voice patters of people. If the show had made it to series, I'm sure more abilities would have surfaced

Nobody is worried about the program the Black Widow stole, as it is seven years old, and the government has moved on. The only one using the program is the L.A. Police, that uses it as security for the accounting program. The Black Widow uses the program to get into the Police Department computers and steals several heavily armed helicopter drones. What use the L.A. has for LASER and missile armed drones is never said.

The Black Widow uses the drones to destroy a power station, and cause havoc in L.A., and one of her conditions for stopping the destruction is Proctor, who years before killed her brother in a gunfight.

Proctor allows himself to be captured in hopes of stopping the Black Widow's plan.

I don't know how I missed this when it was shown, but I would have watched the series if there had been one. The stars were likeable, although for some reason they had Ray Wise wear his jackets with the sleeves pulled up above his elbows. I never understood that fashion choice in the 80's.

The pilot is available on YouTube, and quality is fair. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6TaMFncgOo

The movie has pretty good effects like the foreground miniature of the monorail, and dressed-up R.C. helicopters. In one scene you see Police cars at a crime scene, and they are the "Blade Runner" spinners and Deckard's car repainted.

In the beginning Ray Wise uses an H&K P9 pistol as a LASER pistol. The rest of the LASER guns are rayguns that Richard Coyle used to sell through magazines and at conventions.

David.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1970 to 2000 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: