ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Animated Adventures of Doctor Who

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: The Animated Adventures of Doctor Who Reply with quote

I'm getting ready for school and while browsing my stuff on the web I come across an independent sci-fi TV short for an animated series that has yet to be (I'll watch it!):

The Animated Adventures of Doctor Who by Stephen Byrnes:

It's just an opening title proposal but the drawings are right-on!

(The Third Doctor is shown in both black-and-white and color because his stories made the transition.)

The only Doctor not shown is the "War Doctor"

It can be seen at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALcQh2HqKT4

Because of this I propose a new category: Sci-Fi Independent and Unproduced Television. There are a lot of them out there, says my Godfather.

Last edited by Eadie on Wed May 20, 2020 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info about this interesting new project, Eadie! I love the artwork. My grandchildren are both diehard Whovians, and they'll love this series.

I hope we get lots of discussions about it.

Concerning your suggestion for a new forum, I love it when members ponder the boards organization and make helpful suggestions. I gave your suggestion careful thought, and here's what I came up with.

Obviously the new series is devoted to Doctor Who, and we already have two categories for that subject -- one for the old show and one for the new one. And with just five threads in the Doctor Who (current) forum and only one in the Doctor Who (classic) forum, both of them could certainly use any traffic we throw their way.

That, of course, is why I moved this thread here and changed it's title. I hope other Whovians will jump into this discussion quickly. Very Happy

The fact that the animated series is independent and unproduced are just details about the project -- and both of those details can easily change.

And that could cause a problem.

If we made a category called Sci-Fi Independent and Unproduced, what would we do with the threads for the projects if they do get produced and somebody buys them -- like Disney bought the Star Wars franchise?

But since the core nature of the series you told us about is that it's about Doctor Who, it already has the perfect place here on All Sci-Fi.

And we're tickled pink that you called our attention to it!
Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Doctor Who All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: