ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Atomic Man (1955)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: The Atomic Man (1955) Reply with quote

Another great review from Jimbo Berkey's wonderful site, Free Classic Movies — this one for The Atomic Man, along with the pictures he includes and the link to watch it or download it!

I have enjoyed good science fiction ever since I got addicted to the original Star Trek television series with William Shatner as Captain Kirk. I do not like British science fiction . . . I absolutely LOVE it!

__

I can get over 300 television channels, and one that I could not live without is BBC America, where I can watch the long lived British television show Dr. Who. For some reason the best British minds look at science fiction with a bit of a different slant than American writers.

__

If I tell Americans that a man moves into the future by 7 and a half seconds . . . I'm betting that the mental picture that Americans get is much different than the reality of this 1955 sci-fi plot.

__

When I finally 'got it' I had a 'Gee whiz, I never thought about it that way.'

What a very cool and unique way that they handled the concept. I won't ruin it for you . . . but see if it unfolds like you would expect it to. If you like sci-fi just a little bit . . . you will really enjoy this adventure about atomic science and visions of the future.

Pop a big bowl of white kernel popcorn and drizzle plenty of warm melted butter on it and enjoy an amazing tale of the atom and gangsters who meddle with atomic research and unintentionally send a famous American nuclear scientist into the future.

____Jimbo Berkey

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got to see this movie after searching high and low for a download source, but when I finally did, it was pretty interesting. It was quite a treat to see Gene Nelson (Will Parker from Oklahoma) and Faith Domergue (from several movies we all love) as ace reporters trying to figure out why a famous scientist seems to be talking out of his head .

Cool movie. Give it a look first chance you get.

___________________ The Atomic Man - trailer

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was impressed by an IMDB member's comments about this movie, a guy who goes by the name captainapache, and I thought you folks would enjoy his review. Very Happy

By the way, this member's name is wonderful if you type it out properly to get the full effect.

Captain Apache!

So cool! Cool

What a concept...he slipped in time!!

While The Atomic Man is not purely 50's sci-fi, as mentioned in other reviews, it does provide enough interesting plot twists and thrills to keep you guessing until the end.

Definitely worth a watch for fans of the genre. I am proud to have this little seen gem in my collection. Nice story, creepy atmosphere, good acting and a great score make this one worthwhile!!

Also recommended for fans of little seen 50's type sci-fi are Mutiny in Outer Space, Satellite in the Sky, On the Threshold of Space, The Magnetic Monster and Riders to the Stars.

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've watched this movie, and I've read the synopses on both Wikipedia and IMDB. The plot is pretty complex, and I still don't understand is why the man in the story is "seven seconds ahead of the present".

I also don't know why he's radioactive. Presumably the time discontinuity and the radioactivity are related, but I have no idea how. The man is a nuclear scientist working on a new process that combines radioactive elements to produce tungsten, so the man's radioactivity obviously stems from that, but none of the synopses explain how.

Can anybody unravel this mystery?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: