ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rocky Jones in Crash of Moons - (1954)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Until I saw this clear version today, I've always thought that the blast-off area was just a shot of a power plant. The show used the actual area for scenes with the actors moving around among the structures and machinery we see in the shot.

But the picture seems to indicate that the left side is at least partially a matte painting! The big "drums" up high on the left seem to be painted.

And today I just discovered that the amazing shot of the Orbit Jet blasting off that I added to this thread was actually from Jimbo Berkey's own Photobucket album, and he used it on the page at his website which presents the Rocky Jones movies like Crash of Moons and Menace from Space!

By saving Jimbo's huge version to my computer, I obtained an even better copy than the one I got off the web, and I put it in my own Imgur album so I could replace the noticeably less sharp image I posted yesterday on this thread.

Thank you, Jimbo Berkey!
Shocked

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total
orzel-w
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's my interpretation of Rocky's ship as derived from screen grabs.

There's a certain degree of subjectivity involved in defining the ship, owing to the low resolution of the source videos and the selection of views of the ship that are available, together with the small size of the ship in most views.

WayneO
-----------
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work, Captain Orlicki! I'll see to it that Commissioner Drake of Space Affairs awards you an extended leave so you can . . . well, have a few space affairs!

Maybe you could rescue this gal and allow her to express her gratitude during a long weekend on Venus. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: