ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thunderbirds Are Go! (2015)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Thunderbirds 2011 Series Writers Bible.

Jeff Tracy allowing his sons to revive International Rescue is also partly the result of the criminal empire W.R.A.I.T.H. having reared its ugly head.

Bent on sabotage and extortion, WRAITH has taken hold of a world which has dismantled armies in order to create utopian dreams. WRAITH operates out of hidden bases around the world with its main headquarters heavily protected in the Himalayans.

Sidebar: Not buying this premise at all. The nations of the world have all put down their arms in order to create paradise on earth? We've just moved from science fiction to fantasy. The all powerful military industrial complex won't ever allow such a thing. Plus, there simply exist nations that want total control over the globe, and they ain't ever going away I'm sad to say.

Sidebar: WRAITH never existed on the original series, but the Hood was a recurring archenemy of I.R. So bringing him into it is a great move.

The Hood is in charge of WRAITH and is the brother of Kyrano. This follows the 1960s TV series.

The Hood has 'Geddon' which is a 200-foot tall robot (Armageddon Mecha Mark 1).

The Nighthawks are an anti-Thunderbirds team. Agents Abraxas, Orion, Siren, and Logos pilot advanced combat-ready vehicles built for war and conquest on the land, at sea, in the air, and outer space. They operate out of a huge space station.

Dak Merrick who betrayed Jeff Tracy is the leader of the Nighthawks.

Brains possesses Cyborg port implants in the back of his head which allows him to plug in and upload information directly to his brain.

Sidebar: While this new concept for Brains offers story possibilities, it's also creepy to me. I like how the CGI Thunderbirds show now has a robot assistant for Brains better than this Borg idea.

Tanusha 'Tin Tin' Kyrano is the daughter of Kyrano. Her father has taught her well and she is now one of the most skilled martial artists alive and Jeff Tracy's bodyguard. She's 14 years old.

Sidebar: Have to say I, again, prefer the Thunderbirds Are Go! series where Tin Tin is the head of security and investigations for International Rescue. She is still a kick-butt martial artist, but she also operates a fantastic looking stealth vehicle as part of I.R.
I'm also not loving that she, and all of the Tracy sons, are teenagers. I get that this is a move to appeal to the younger viewers. I'm just not buying that these teens all have the requisite training, skill set, experience, and maturity to be operating I.R.

Lady Penelope (18-years old) is precocious and headstrong. Her storyline involves her missing father, Sir Hugh Creighton-Ward. She discovers his secret spy headquarters and becomes a James Bond-like secret agent working for M.I.-90.

Sidebar: So instead of Jeff Tracy missing as he is on Thunderbirds Are Go!, the idea was originally going to be Lady Penelope's father. It also has her working with British intelligence instead of I.R. Was she going to eventually meet up with the Tracy family and end up working for both organizations? Is M.I.-90 a nod to the Andersons marionette espionage TV series Joe 90?
And she's all of 18! Gimme a break.

Aloysius 'Nosy' Parker is Lady Penelope's dry-humored chauffeur. He is an android.

Sidebar: Another idea I don't just cotton to. This is a TV show with an enormous amount of technology involved. Do we really need to make Brains a Cyborg & poor Parker an android on top of it all? No, we really don't.
Pow
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thunderbirds 2011 proposed TV series guide.

FAB 1: Loaded with high tech spy gear. It has a submarine, plane, and climbing mode.

Grill lasers, bumper ram, rear plate bombs, oil slick emitter, grappling hooks, bullet proof housing, side door smart missiles.

Can become nearly invisible only when parked. Paint job is programmable.

Sidebar: Fab 1 having a number of contraptions for adventures is cool. Similar to James Bond's Astin Martin, or the Green Hornet's Black Beauty.

However, this description of its many gizmos is just too much and it devolves into the ridiculous. They did the same thing with the Batmobile on the 1966 Batman TV series.

This proposed series was to be set in the year 2112. The original Thunderbirds show was set in 2065.

The Hood would be gradually introduced in the first season episodes. The season would end with episode 26 and have him capturing Thunderbird 1 and discovering and destroying Tracy Isle. Jeff Tracy would go missing.

Season number two would see International Rescue searching for Jeff.

Prometheus Fallen: A space station collides with Thunderbird 5 then plummets to earth. It has enough cosmic ray energy on board turning it into a mass bomb. Meanwhile, one of the crew of the space station that has been rescued by John Tracy is a Hood agent.

Stormbringer: All over the earth, superstorms suddenly appear. I.R. discovers that they are created by a giant floating fortress operated by Hood agents. As I.R. attempts to bring it down, Thunderbird 3 is caught in a huge tornado.

Darwin Unleashed: I.R. breaks up a massive meteor hurtling towards earth. Fragments that make it to the earth's surface release alien ooze. It genetically alters several birds into huge monstrous avian creatures.

Sidebar: Overall, there are a number of nifty concepts for this proposed series, along with some weaker ones.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: