ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Wild Women of Wongo (1958)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: The Wild Women of Wongo (1958) Reply with quote

This is not a great movie, but it's certainly a great title. And for years I've been using part of it to describe truly spectacular derrieres. An award-winning caboose is a wongo butt. Very Happy Jimbo Berkey's website, Free Classic Movies has gone off line permanently Sad — but here's the post he created for this movie.

It's Not Nice to Fool Mother Nature!

Back in the 1930's cowboy movies were created to please thirteen year old boys, but dad and mom and the kid sister could also enjoy them.

__

Somewhere in time this formula for a movie for the young bucks that everyone could enjoy broke down and they became dumb . . . and dumber.

Now, they are funny, entertaining, eye-pleasing movies, but you must channel the young boy or girl inside you to really get into these movies. Gone With The Wind they ain't (yes, I really used the word 'ain't' - forgive me papa, wherever you are).

Anyway . . . now that you have awakened the teenager inside you, let's travel to a faraway South Seas Island with three wild tribes of people — The Wonga people, the Goona people, and the killer ape people.

__

Mother Nature has arranged that the Wonga village is populated by ugly men and beautiful women that cannot cook worth a darn. The Goona village is populated with handsome six-pack men and ugly women who can cook like French Chefs.

__

All is going well in these villages until the wild and beautiful women of Wonga spot one of the handsome men from Goona, and the Wild Women of Wonga will not rest until they make the handsome, buff men of Goona their man-slaves.

__

Now, the thirteen year old boy inside me is starting to salivate just a bit. Beautiful women of Wonga will be chasing me to make me their love-slave — of course I put my mental thirteen year old boy in the camp with the buff, six-pack men . . . in my head that is where I belong, no matter what my mirror says Very Happy.

__

Pop a big bowl of white kernel popcorn with plenty of warm melted butter on it and enjoy the show.

Uhhhh, one more thing, a bit of little known trivia for the highly educated among us teens. If you think that some of the acting is a bit over the top for the big screen, and is more like stage acting where the actors must use large motions and loud clear speech for the sake of the folk in the rear of the theater, you are on to something.

__

Famous author and Broadway playwright Tennessee Williams anonymously directed most of this movie. Williams and James Wolcott were good friends, and when Tennessee Willliams asked if he could direct a bit of the show, he was allowed to do so with the blessing of the producer and credited director James Wolcott.
[/size]

__[size=20]Jimbo Berkey

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:05 pm; edited 6 times in total
Robert (Butch) Day
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it was beautifully spoofed on the last season of Laverne & Shirley!
Krel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never, ever seen the movie. I don't know how good, or bad it is. But I do know that it has one of the greatest titles ever!

David.
PumamanRedux
Planetary Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trivia: After Mystery Science Theater 3000 ended, Mike, Bill and Kevin took a break from riffing and took on other projects

Around 2005 the trio did a project called The Film Crew where the guys did their riffing without silhouettes

One of the films was "Wild Women Of Wongo"

Enjoy:

___ MST3K/The Film Crew - Wild Women of Wongo

Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2022 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, PumamanRedux! Cool

We haven't seen you much on All Sci-Fi since February 2022 (like so many other members who seem to wander off for long period of time) but we appreciate all your contributions. Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies and Serials from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: