ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rocky Jones and The Menace from Space (1956)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1950 to 1969
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject: Rocky Jones and The Menace from Space (1956) Reply with quote

Jimbo Berkey's now-defunct website, Free Classic Movies presented the comments below (with the images), along with the chance to enjoy Rocky Jones — Menace from Space using a link on his site.

That's all gone now, but here's the YouTube video of the theatrical version, edited together from Bobby's Comet - chapters 1 - 3.

____________ Menace from Outer Space (1956)

When a strange meteor, that turns out to be a rocket ship instead of a meteor, crashes next to the space telescope where Bobby and Professor Newton are watching, they discover that the strange ship came from a moon of the planet Venus.

The Secretary of Space Affairs decides that Rocky Jones must lead an expedition to Fornax to discover if life exists there.

__

After a harrowing trip through space, the group lands on Forax and discovers not only a human-like people that can speak perfect English, they discover a rogue scientist from Earth that crashed there a few years earlier. The rogue scientist has persuaded the people of Fornax that Earth is inhabited by very bad people that want to make everyone in space subservient to them.

This means that Rocky, Winky and the rest of the crew are in mortal danger as they try to befriend the people of Forax.

__

If you were a child in 1956, WWII was long over, the rockets that the German scientists introduced to the world were getting bigger and more accurate, and dreams of space travel were in the imaginative minds of everyone.

__

This movie was assembled from several episodes of a popular television series and released to movie theaters. You will notice the difference in acting and camera techniques that marked the differences in story telling approach, and you will enjoy the simple special effects that dazzled everyone in 1956.

__

Pop a bowl of fluffy white-kernel corn and watch as young Bobby goes with Rocky Jones, Space Ranger, into the depths of space and the first encounter with life on another planet.

Can little Bobby stop the people of Forax from destroying the Earth with a destructive volley of missles? Will the evil earth scientist that is deceiving the people of Forax succeed in getting Forax to destroy the Earth? Will Space Ranger Rocky Jones and the leader of Forax be able to stop the destruction before it happens? Kids of every age will keep their eyes glued to the screen to find out!

____Jimbo Berkey

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:11 pm; edited 4 times in total
filmdetective
Interstellar Explorer

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:40 am    Post subject: Big Improvement Reply with quote

I know that some people don't care for Rocky Jones Space Ranger, both the TV series, and the feature films edited from that TV series, but I liked both, and have a number of them on my DVD shelf.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just discovered that the amazing shot of the Orbit Jet blasting off that I recently added to the thread for Rocky Jones, Crash of Moons was actually from Jimbo Berkey's own Photobucket album, and he used it on the page at his website which presents this Rocky Jones movie, Menace from Space!

By saving Jimbo's huge version to my computer, I obtained an even better copy than the one I got off the web, and I put it in my own Photobucket album so I could replace the noticeably less sharp image I posted yesterday in the Rocky Jones, Crash of Moons thread.

I'll post it here, too, so that Jimbo's fine review of the movie will get a bump in this forum.

Thank you, Jimbo Berkey!
Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi on Television from 1950 to 1969 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: