ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost Time Capsule Found!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eadie
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: Lost Time Capsule Found! Reply with quote

Jules Verne's Time Capsule Was Just Discovered By Archeologists In France

https://www.bustle.com/p/jules-vernes-time-capsule-was-just-discovered-by-archeologists-in-france-51282

On Apr. 4, researchers from Paris Descartes University and The Explorers Club NYC announced that a time capsule — which may, in fact, be Jules Verne's time capsule — has been discovered in France. Archaeologists and historians found a metal box, dating to the late 1800s, which appears to contain "documents, books and metal objects of different sizes and shapes." With the potential to contain unpublished materials from the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea author, the find has excited historians and book nerds alike.

Researchers uncovered the time capsule near the French Pyrenees in southern France, after studying Jules Verne's tomb, which lies on the other end of the country. The Apr. 4 press release states that the team used "all of the material collected and … complex geolocation algorithms … to identify the area in which they might find some kind of object associated with Verne."

It's worthwhile to note again that nothing has conclusively connected the time capsule with Jules Verne. Paris Descartes University Field Archaeologist Elouan Beauséjour — who describes himself as "excit[ed] but … overwhelmed" by the discovery and media attention — tells Metro that he expects to give a news conference regarding the time capsule soon.

The research endeavor is currently in its second phase, which involves carefully analyzing the materials inside the time capsule, which "have deteriorated with the passage of time and damp from being underground for so long." Given the delicacy of the time capsule's contents, researchers have only examined the box via X-ray at this time.

Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacre Merde! Incroyable !
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fascinating post, Miss Eadie! Cool

I recently amended my will to adjust for the fact that my daughter is now divorced, so my jackass ex-son-in-law is no longer entitled to a penny of my vast fortune when I vanish and become a Force Ghost who will continue to maintain All Sci-Fi. Cool

But rather than burdening my surviving family with the task of dealing with all my possessions, I think I'll just have everything put into an underground vault, constructed as a perfect replica of my current home.

This "time capsule" will preserve my home for seventy-one years, at which time a clone of me will be exactly old enough to take possession of the property in the year 2091 and pick up exactly where I left off in 2020. Wink

Here's where Bud 2.0 will be living in the year 2091.

I'll be sure to have a batch of All Sci-Fi T-shirts on hand for all the new members we've acquired in the last 71 years! Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Discussions in General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: