ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Men in Black 3 (2012)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject: Men in Black 3 (2012) Reply with quote

Back in 2002 the critics said, "How can Hollywood make a good sequel to Men in Black?"

Oh ye of little faith! It's EASY! Just get the same great director and the same great writers, and tell 'em to make it, dang it!

Then in 2012 all the critics said, "How can Hollywood make another sequel as good as the first one? The stars are ten years older!"

Oh, good grief. Somebody wasn't paying attention . . .

And did the third movie simply trot out the same cast and make them recreate their roles again, despite the fact that they were a decade older?

Well, they did bring back Will Smith, who still looked great, but they gave Tommy Lee Jones a break because — quite frankly — he breezed paste "spring chicken" status several decades ago. Sad

So, the writers gave us a time-travel story so that Tommy didn't have get too physical. Will Smith goes back in time to meet a young K, who didn't know J from alphabet soup! Shocked

The movie has a ball with it's 1960s period setting, with lots of references to sixties culture, NASA, and even 1950s sci-fi movies! IMDB has this item.

Many of the aliens in the 1969 MiB headquarters were intentionally made to look like aliens from old black and white alien movies from around the same time.

Yeah, I know. The B&W sci-fi movies were in the 1950s — not 1969! It's like all those miniskirts they put in X-Man: First Class, which was set in the early sixties, even though miniskirts weren't popular until ten years later! Rolling Eyes

Trust me. I was there . . . and I was very observant. Wink

But this movie has it's heart in the right place, and it entertains modern audiences — most of whom never saw a 1950s sci-fi movie or a miniskirt in their life! Shocked

Enjoy the trailer, folks.
Very Happy

___________________ Men In Black 3 - trailer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2011 to 2020 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: