ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
Nothin' but pure science fiction!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UPCOMING MOVIES IN THE ALL SCI-FI CHAT ROOM!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

All Sci-Fi's Chatzy Room (< — LINK) now requires a simple password to enter, just to keep out the morons who have wandered in from time to time!

The password is . . . allscifi.

Here's the schedule for Saturday 5/29.

The feature for this Saturday is the amazing sci-fi action adventure which is literally a lost classic!

The star is Paul Satterfield, who looks and sounds so much like the late Christopher Reeve they could have been brothers! Very Happy

This great movie used to be available on VHS tape, along with a four-movie DVD that offers a less-than perfect version.

Both version are on YouTube. The better of the two is "free with ads" and looks pretty good — but it can't be downloaded with the Firefox ad-on that allows me to copy YouTube videos. However, I watched that version recently, and the ad don't occur very often. Very Happy

Unfortunately the image of both version is 4:3, and I read online that the original 16:9 film elements have been lost! Sad

I was completely in love with this movie the moment I saw the trailer on the Robot Jox tape I got from Blockbuster Video, back in the early 90s.

Watch the trailer below and you'll see what I mean. (Yes, I know, the picture quality sucks — but the slick sales pitch for this movie is great! Very Happy)

_________ ARENA - 1989 trailer - Man vs. Monster

The picture quality of two versions of the movie is much better than the trailer. I suggest that you sample them both and decide which you like best. The first one below is the "free with ads" video. Cool

_______________ Arena (1991) - free with ads

Please note that the good version above is listed with the actual release date, 1991, even though it was made in 1989, which is the date IMDB has.

Here's the copy from the VHS tape.

_________________ Arena (1989) Full Movie

Trekriffic, Gord, and I (along with Phantom, who's on hiatus for the summer) will be grateful to anyone who drops in — however briefly — to say hello to our dedicated little group of synchro-cinema chatters!

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat May 29, 2021 4:48 pm; edited 10 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

All Sci-Fi's Live Chat (<— link) now requires a simple password to enter, just to keep out the morons who have wandered in from time to time!

The feature for our Wednesday Adventure Chat on 6/2 is a CinemaScope Technicolor adventure from Universal pictures starring Cornel Wilde.

This big budget production includes King Arthur and the knights of Round Table, and it concludes with a huge battle involving dozens of knights and hundreds of soldiers, all locked in mortal combat!

Here's a fine YouTube version of this exciting movie.

__________________ Sword of Lancelot (1963)

As usual, Wednesday we'll start at 4:00 EST, which is 1:00 PST for West Coast members like Trekriffic. We'll begin with episode 4 of Rocky Jones, Space Ranger!

________Rocky Jones, Space Rangers 1954 S01E03

_________

Trekriffic, Gord, and I (along with Phantom, who's on hiatus for the summer) will be grateful to anyone who drops in — however briefly — to say hello to our dedicated little group of synchro-cinema chatters!

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat May 29, 2021 3:24 pm; edited 8 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

All Sci-Fi's Chatzy Room (< — LINK) now requires a simple password to enter, just to keep out the morons who have wandered in from time to time!

Here's the schedule for Saturday 6/5.

All Sci-Fi's Saturday Live Chat (<— link) is an excellent copy of a 1977 fan-made sc-fi movie with amazing stop motion dinosaurs!

_________________Planet Of Dinosaurs (1977)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat May 29, 2021 5:04 pm; edited 8 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

All Sci-Fi's Live Chat (<— link) now requires a simple password to enter, just to keep out the morons who have wandered in from time to time!

The feature for our Wednesday Adventure Chat on 6/9 is a great fantasy, Willow.

This big budget production from director Ron Howard includes terrific special effects and a rousing score by James Horner.

Here's a fine YouTube version of this exciting movie.

_______________________ WILLOW (1988)

(We skipped the Rocky Jones episode this week because I caused us to get a late start. Sad)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:05 am; edited 9 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

Here's the schedule for Saturday 6/12.

All Sci-Fi's Saturday Live Chat is an excellent copy of a popular 1987 hit.

_______________________ Robocop (1987)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:01 am; edited 9 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

The feature for our Wednesday Adventure Chat on 6/16 is an action-packed adventure with an all-star cast.

Here's a fine YouTube version of this amazing movie, one of my all-time favorites.

____________The Vikings(1958) (free with ads)

As usual, Wednesday we'll start at 4:00 EST, which is 1:00 PST for West Coast members like Trekriffic. We'll begin with episode 4 of Rocky Jones, Space Ranger!

________Rocky Jones, Space Rangers 1954 S01E04

_________

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:58 am; edited 13 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

Here's the schedule for Saturday 6/19.

All Sci-Fi's Saturday Live Chat (<— link) feature for this Saturday is an excellent copy of a YouTube Movies copy of a excellent Sci-Fi movie.

_______________________Wing Commander

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:44 am; edited 11 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2021 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

The feature for our Wednesday Adventure Chat on 6/23 is an action-packed adventure with an all-star cast.

Here's a fine YouTube version of this classic Western.

_____The Magnificent Seven (1960) (free with ads)

________Rocky Jones, Space Rangers 1954 S01E04

_________

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:59 am; edited 7 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

Here's the schedule for Saturday 6/26.

All Sci-Fi's Saturday Live Chat (<— link) is an excellent copy of the 1994 action film which spawned a hit TV series.

_________________________Stargate (1994)

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat May 29, 2021 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

The feature for our Wednesday Adventure Chat on 6/30 is an action-packed swashbuckler with John Payne and Maureen O'Hara.

Here's a fine YouTube version of this terrific movie.

__Tripoli Action 1950 John Payne, Maureen O'Hara

As usual, Wednesday we'll start at 4:00 EST, which is 1:00 PST for West Coast members like Trekriffic. We'll begin with episode 5 of Rocky Jones, Space Ranger!

_______ Rocky Jones, Space Rangers 1954 S01E05

_________

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:59 am; edited 6 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

Here's the schedule for Saturday 7/3.

All Sci-Fi's Saturday Live Chat (<— link) is an excellent copy of the 1994 action film which spawned a hit TV series.

__________________Masters Of The Universe

Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

The feature for our Wednesday Adventure Chat on 6/30 is an action-packed swashbuckler with John Payne and Maureen O'Hara.

__Tripoli Action 1950 John Payne, Maureen O'Hara

As usual, Wednesday we'll start at 4:00 EST, which is 1:00 PST for West Coast members like Trekriffic. We'll begin with episode 5 of Rocky Jones, Space Ranger!

_______ Rocky Jones, Space Rangers 1954 S01E05

_________

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

Here's the schedule for Saturday 7/3.

__________________Masters Of The Universe

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

The feature for our Wednesday Adventure Chat on 7/7 is Deadline U S A (1952 all-star newspaper drama)

_____________________Deadline U S A (1952

As usual, Wednesday we'll start at 4:00 EST, which is 1:00 PST for West Coast members like Trekriffic. We'll begin with next chapter of Rocky Jones, Space Ranger!

_______ Rocky Jones, Space Rangers 1954 S01E06

_________

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Bud Brewster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REMEMBER, FOLKS!

Here's the schedule for Saturday 7/10.

_________________Star Trek VIII: First Contact

Last edited by Bud Brewster on Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Contact All Sci-Fi All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: