ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

USS Enterprise NCC-1701-E from Nemesis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Models and Dioramas
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The “tuning fork” decals went on between the bussard collectors without too much incident:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Nacelle Fork Decal by Steve J, on Flickr

Yesterday I added Aztecs to the upper bridge superstructure as well as the dark blue dome on top. Not everything you see in this photo is decal though as I did a number of medium grey panels with a brush. The decals fought me from the start and I had to perform some miraculous recoveries refloating with warm water to save a few. The tip of the dark grey “scythe” on the starboard side at the front got irreparably mangled so I will need to either paint or add a section of cadaver decal to restore the tip. No big deal:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Bridge and Superstructure Aztecs by Steve J, on Flickr

The dome decal went on the easiest after I took my time cutting it out from the decal sheet with a sharp exacto knife.
After positioning and tamp down with a swab using Micro Sol, I brushed it with Solvaset which got rid of any remaining wrinkles of which there weren’t many:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Bridge and Superstructure Aztecs by Steve J, on Flickr

After a few coats of Solvaset:

ST Modeler included these tiny added “window” or “ports” or somethings for added detailing, it also includes the round access ports for the aft end of the main upper superstructure that will fit nicely on the photo-etched:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Extra Detail Decals by Steve J, on Flickr

Last edited by trekriffic on Wed May 26, 2021 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far so good. The top decals have gone on very well:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Upper Saucer Decals by Steve J, on Flickr

Decided to add the thin black panel lines on top and sides of the main shuttle bay control room as seen in the CGI image.

Using some leftover decal material from a 1/2500 Enterprise D kit I carefully sliced sections of thin black stripes to lay atop the saucer shuttle bay control room:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Donor Decals by Steve J, on Flickr

The black stripes I cut off the leftover donor decal sheet were used to make the panel lines seen on the top and sides of the shuttle bay control room. Using decal material was the only way to make these lines as I could not foresee being able to make such extremely thin lines using a brush. After the decals set I brushed on a coat of Future hence the glossy finish:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Shuttle Bay Control Room Panel Lines by Steve J, on Flickr

Finished up aztecing the upper saucer. Spent an hour poking holes thru the windows openings before giving them all an individual good brushing with Solvates to shrink the decal film down tight inside the opening prior to filling with Krystal Klear:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Upper Saucer Aztecs Done by Steve J, on Flickr

While working on the saucer I covered the nacelles and the aft end of the secondary hull with a wax paper bag salvaged from an empty box of Cheerios. It fits nicely over the nacelles as well as the saucer to protect the areas already decaled from getting nicked or rubbed:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Wax Paper Bag by Steve J, on Flickr

I like how the Raytheon Effect looks under the decal. Still need to add the RCS thruster decals and the escape pods. Once those are on I’ll spray with Glosscote before applying the ships registry and insignia decals. Also any stripes or additional detail decals:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Upper Saucer Aztecs Lit by Steve J, on Flickr

Last edited by trekriffic on Wed May 26, 2021 10:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AS time consuming as the physical construction and finessing was, it looks like the decal applications are even harder! Great job!
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video showing current progress...

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Current Status Video by Steve J, on Flickr

Next thing will be aztecs for the upper secondary hull followed by the lower secondary hull.
Seal entire ship with Glosscote before adding ship’s name and registry decals and stripes.
And any additional hatches or whatever detail decals I want to add.

Very Happy
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for no posts in awhile Enterprise E enthusiasts. This will be a somewhat wordy post.

I know . . . you are all shocked! Rolling Eyes

Here we go . . .

After finally figuring out what they were, I cut out several of these bits from the ST Modeler decal sheet. These extremely small markings get spaced evenly around the sides of the phaser strips. The ends of the phaser strips get a half circular decal and I had already done those.

Honestly, I debated even putting these on but thought they might help add a little scale to the ship if placed carefully and evenly.

So, in for a penny, in for a pound or something like that, and I took the plunge.

Also shown are the sharp pointy tweezers to pick up and soak each individual decal in warm water and a scribing tool (?) with a screw nut to lock in a measurement, to use for spacing the decals. This will add hours more to this build as each decal can take up to a minute to pick up, soak, place with a brush, and settle down.

There are 130 decals alone for the long arcing upper and lower phaser strips on the saucer not to mention the others aft and elsewhere:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Tiny Phaser Strip Node Decals by Steve J, on Flickr

There are 66 of these "nodes”, as I am calling them, on the long loop on top of the saucer and 64 on the two on the bottom; at least according to the blueprints of the Sovereign I have seen online.

This image is at the start but it ended up taking me at least 2 hours for this one section and the one opposite it on the port side. Thankfully it gets faster as you go along and gain experience and can mirror.

I am using a synthetic flat soft brush which is amber colored to pick up and place the decals. The decals show up well against the amber.

Once on the model I position them using the brush and a toothpick, Then I used MicroSet to tamp them down with a cotton swab. Later I will brush with Solvaset.

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Tiny Phaser Strip Node Decals by Steve J, on Flickr

I applied Aztecs to the forward lower secondary hull just aft of the deflector dish.

The dark grey recessed panel in front of the phaser strip required three treatments with Solvaset to get it to finally shrink down tight with no air bubbles. You can also see a line of four oblong circles in the middle of the deflector trench I added to match the Soveregn blueprints I found on the internet:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Lower Secondary Hull Aztec Decals by Steve J, on Flickr

Finished applying the upper secondary hull and strongback aztec and panel decals. Had to trim the black “inverted bell curve” shaped decal to fit the sidewalls of the shuttlebay porch after the Nemesis modifications.

Still need to add spine stripes and the sickle shaped decal in front of the clamshell doors. Also have a couple of docking ports for the secondary hull to add:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Strongback Aztec and Panel Decals by Steve J, on Flickr

These are the remaining Aztec and panel decals for the sides and underside of the secondary hull:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Last of the Aztec Decals by Steve J, on Flickr

I saved these remnants from when I trimmed the decal to fit the sidewalls I had added to make the Nemesis version of the E. I should be able to use them as donors to add the borders to the decal on the model:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Strongback Bell Curve Decal Remnants by Steve J, on Flickr

It really helps to cut these larger decals up into sections before soaking and placement. Less chance of the decals ripping, folding, or wrinkling which they tend to do at the slightest provocation.

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Strongback Aztec Decal Low Light by Steve J, on Flickr

Next up . . .

Docking ports and wing dings.
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay in posting my progress.
I have more pics but I thought I'd save them for later since everyone knows I always try to keep my posts from getting too long and wordy.

Yeah...

Right...

Anyway, here we go.

Docking Ports and Wing Dings...

Added these three round docking port decals on the sides and back of deck 3. Had to make my own light grey decals in thin strips to lay down on top of the hangar deck in front of the side ports out to wrap over the edge.
The aztec decal sheets did not include them so I cut some from my donor decal pile.
The transporter pads were placed too.
I also added a maintenance hatch just forward of the photorp launcher courtesy of the detail decals.
It’s barely visible in the CGI image:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Deck 3 Docking Port and Transporter Emitter Decals by Steve J, on Flickr

Placed the docking port decal on the aft end of deck 3 under the dual photorp launcher:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Deck 3 Aft Docking Port by Steve J, on Flickr

What started off with using decal material ended up being a hand brushed “wing ding” aztec on the lighter band of the upper saucer.
I just wasn't satisfied with how light the decal's aztec pattern was on the light grey of the background. So I used the CGI images to paint some of the shapes a darker medium grey, other shapes I just “winged” it.
The pattern is rather random and mostly evenly spaced.
I am not going to paint ALL the wing dings, just enough. I’m using MM flat Neutral Grey enamel.
What you see took me two hours to do what with painting and touch up with thinner and a microbrush, I estimate it will take about 8 or 10 hours to do the rest of the saucer band:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Upper Saucer Aztec Wing Ding Brushing by Steve J, on Flickr

I decided to finish the starboard side before moving on to the port side. Took about 4 hours. Now I just need to mirror the wing dings so both sides match.
Man, If you could make a living painting wing dings, I’d be rich!

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Upper Saucer Starboard Aztec Wing Dings Done by Steve J, on Flickr

I saved this image at the largest size allowed on my iPad, the better to see all the tiny figures I painted by hand with an 18/0 brush. Tap or click twice on the image below to go to Flickr! where you can expand the image. If you look closely you may find a dog, a duck, a squirrel, a few snakes, and even a tiny TOS Enterprise, all done as "wing dings".
There are also a lot that look like birds.
95% of the time, the resemblance was unintentional, I only discovered them after the fact:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Upper Saucer Aztec Wing Dings Mirrored and Done by Steve J, on Flickr

Moving along...

Having finished hand brushing the medium grey wing dings in the lightest grey saucer band, I revisited some of the detail decals on the bridge and decks 2 and 3. Added a few access panels to the sides of deck 3 and some others to the bridge and deck 2. Where possible, I chose decals applied to mirror those found on the original studio model:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Upper Saucer Detailing by Steve J, on Flickr

Went back and did a little aztec decaling on the secondary hull forward of, under, and behind the deflector trench.
The rest of the underside will get decals last:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Forward Secondary Hull Lower Aztecs by Steve J, on Flickr

Next...

Painting the "unlit" unopened windows with flat black enamel and filling the lit drilled out window ports with Kristal Klear.
That should only take 8-10 hours...

Last edited by trekriffic on Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of tiny windows...

The unopened windows were painted with black enamel using a 20/0 brush:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Upper Saucer Windows Painted and Ship Registry Decals by Steve J, on Flickr

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Upper Saucer Windows Painted by Steve J, on Flickr

Next I’ll fill the opened windows with Kristal Klear...

Microscale Kristal Klear is like thick white glue which I used along with a fine
tipped microbrush, toothpick, and cotton swab to form clear window panes.
Hmmmm, might be time to get a new vinyl work mat pretty soon:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Kristal Klear by Steve J, on Flickr

A sharp toothpick worked great for filling the window openings with Kristal Klear.
Sometimes a little minor cleanup with water and a microbrush was needed but not every time.
After I was finished I noticed a side benefit to using the Kristal Klear.
Earlier during the window drilling phase, I had pushed a small piece of clear styrene too far into one of the lower saucer
window ports and it had fallen inside of the model where it would rattle around whenever I tilted the saucer one way or the other.
This bothered me but I did not want to have to open the model up to retrieve it or have to drill a large hole and hope it fell out.
Using the thick, sticky, white glue that Kristal Klear is to fill dozens of windows in the saucer turned out to be the answer.
The little clear plastic piece must have gotten stuck to some of the glue that would have leaked inside the model and now
when I twist and turn the model the annoying rattle is gone! Nice!

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Toothpick Glue Applicator and No More Rattle by Steve J, on Flickr

All closed windows on the saucer have been painted black top and bottom.
Then I started filling each open window with unthinned Kristal Klear starting with
the slotted ports on the back of the bridge followed by the windows on decks 2 and 3.
You can see fresh KK in the window slots along the back of deck 3 between the docking ports in this image:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Window Filling by Steve J, on Flickr

I brushed each of the unopened, undrilled window ports with flat black enamel using an 18/0 brush.
The upper saucer took about 4 hours to do. The open, drilled ports are filled with Krystal Klear which dries clear in about 20 minutes.
You can see some of the fresh KK in the rim windows to the left which look milky white.
The KK in the windows along the rim to the right has dried clear:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Black Windows by Steve J, on Flickr

Next... Some strongback detailing.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I admit to being in awe of your attention to detail.
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Lord Gord!

Time for more tortuous progress my long suffering friends...

I cut these tiny bits of red decal film to place on the top of the secondary hull as shown in the CGI image. 22 altogether to place on the teeth of the “combs” on either side of the spine:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Tiny Red Rectangles by Steve J, on Flickr

I cut the tiny red rectangles rom leftover decal material. I used my pointy tweezers to soak them in warm water, then I used a microbrush to position them carefully on what I am calling “combs” on each side of the longer of the two raised spines running down the middle of the strongback atop the secondary hull:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Little Red Strongback Dots by Steve J, on Flickr

I added a few more panels using my donor decals to complete the strongback decaling:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Strongback Decals Done by Steve J, on Flickr

Lower secondary hull panel and aztec decals. The big one around the power jack hole developed a few wrinkles that would not straighten out until I hit her with 3 treatments of Solvaset. Still there are some minor stripes of white that I will need to retouch with Gunship Grey where I wore away the ink with my thumbs trying to get out the wrinkle out. No big deal, I had to retouch these same dark grey toned areas on the saucer decals already and I should be able to blend the paint in pretty easily once I coat the decal with Future and give it a day to dry. Also, these are where the escape pods are located which will cover up most of the areas I’m touching up!
Still need to apply the aft lower side aztec decals and the aztec decals will be DONE! Ahahahaha! DONE!!!

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Lower Secondary Hull Decaling by Steve J, on Flickr

Later...

The CGI model had some additional light grey striping around the lower aft of the secondary hull. They partly surround the raised “bullet” shaped area under the aft shuttle bay. Here I have masked off and painted the starboard stripe with neutral grey enamel. The masking was made easier when I found the decal paper in my trash that the aztec panel decal for that area had slid off of. I used it as a template for cutting the thin strips of Tamiya masking tap:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Aft Secondary Hull Stripe Detailing by Steve J, on Flickr

After removing the masking tape. I used a microbrush and some weak thinner to clean up the edges and touched up some sections with a 20/0 brush but this went quite well I thin:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Aft Secondary Hull Stripe Unmasked by Steve J, on Flickr

After allowing the paint to dry I used tracing paper to copy the shape of the grey stripe “horn” at the forward end of the starboard stripe.
I will flip it over for use as the port side template for cutting a piece of Tamiya tape. This will save me 15-20 minutes at least:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Aft Secondary Hull Detail Tracing by Steve J, on Flickr

Port horned stripe after masking and ready for paint:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Aft Secondary Hull Stripe Masking by Steve J, on Flickr

The secondary hull Aztecs are done which means all the aztec decals are on the model! Also the escape pods decals were applied. All I have left are stripes and ship name and registry decals for the nacelles and the pennants for the sides of the secondary hull and any detail decals I want to place here and there. Oh and I need to paint the black windows on the lower hull and fill with Kristal Klear then do any touch ups to windows that need more KK:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Aft Secondary Hull Lower Aft Aztecs and Escape Pods by Steve J, on Flickr

Now have to fill lower secondary hull windows with KK and paint the others black. Then add the last decals before applying final clear coats:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Ventral Aztecs Done by Steve J, on Flickr

Next up will be application of registry and pennant decals and then detailing.
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorsal aztecs and windows done...

Will need to go over the saucer windows again with Kristal Klear to fill any that look too deep after the first treatment; not unexpected and should go quickly with all the practice I’ve had making windows:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Dorsal Aztecs and Windows Done by Steve J, on Flickr

Decals all on and windows filled again. Will get started on the base tomorrow:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - All Decals Done by Steve J, on Flickr

Pennant and registry decals applied. Additional KK added to any windows that needed it. Did a little more pointing up here and there.
I’ll go back and see if I want to add any more of the detail decals.

Then she’ll get her clearcoats followed by anything I want to do with Tamiya pastels.

I may not do anything with weathering though. Need to work on the base soon:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - All Decals Done by Steve J, on Flickr

Details...

Used the aftermarket detail decals for the two hatches forward of the aft facing dual torpedo launcher.

This matches the detailing seen on the Insurrection studio model:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Hatch Details by Steve J, on Flickr

Used a decal from my donor pile. A little round window from the 1/1000 scale PL Romulan Bird of Prey kit.

It frames the aft dorsal shuttle bay beacon nicely. I used another one for the beacon on the ventral side:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Aft Upper Beacon Detail by Steve J, on Flickr

Used the aftermarket detail decals. These red oblongs match the detailing seen on the Insurrection studio model.
I am going to add some donor pile and detail decals to the shuttle bay 2 doors I think:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Pylon Vent Detail by Steve J, on Flickr

Used the aftermarket detail decals trimmed to make a decal with four black lines for the grill below the deflector dish.
These match the detailing seen on the Insurrection studio model:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Deflector Housing Grill Detail by Steve J, on Flickr

Used the red lozenge shaped aftermarket detail decals. This matches the detailing seen on the Insurrection studio model:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Shuttle Bay 1 Control Room Details by Steve J, on Flickr

Used the aftermarket decal for the dorsal bow transporter emitter pads:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Transporter Emitter Pad Details by Steve J, on Flickr

Used the aftermarket detail decals to match the round docking ports seen on the sides of the CGI model.

There is one on each side just above the pennant stripes:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Docking Port Detail by Steve J, on Flickr

Next up... Detailing shuttle bay 2's doors.
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By gum, Steve, it occurred to me today that if you made a videos as good as your photos and then turned your text into narrations, this would make a great series for the Science and Discovery channels! Very Happy

Your series on model building would be just as interesting as the How It's Made series which airs on both the those popular channels. The series has 416 episodes, according to the Wikipedia article, and that series goes into great detail about how common, everyday items (such as clothing and accessories, food, industrial products, musical instruments, and sporting goods) are manufactured.

As far as the narration goes, you and I have spoken on the phone dozens of times, and you've got the perfect voice to explain the technical details which the videos would display!

As a matter of fact, Steve, you could also offer an appealing enhancement to the narration by periodically having your lovely wife (who also has a nice voice) insert comments to liven things up!

She could provide warm and humorous remarks which would give your presentations a human touch. Here's what I mean.

Steve: Then the ship will get the clearcoats, followed by anything I want to do with Tamiya pastels.

I may not do anything with weathering though. Need to work on the base soon.

Linda: Trust me . . . whenever Steve says something like that, I know not to ask how the work is coming along. He's debating his next move . . . and the fate of the galaxy hangs in the balance! Very Happy

It's what science fiction fans calls "a nexus point in the space-time continuum".

Star Trek fan-boys will tingle all over to hear Steve's lovely lady say sexy sci-fi stuff like that — and the ratings of the video series will go through the roof! Very Happy

Think is over, Steverino! This could be worth a fortune! Very Happy

trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bruce. I'll have to give your suggestions some consideration.

Moving right along...

My setup for decaling and detailing using foam padding, an old t-shirt, and wax paper to keep off dirt and whatever is on my dirty workbench.
I need to do some serious cleaning after this build is done:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - E from Astern in Wax Paper dock by Steve J, on Flickr

image of the “Insurrection” studio model stern:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Studio Model Shuttle Bay Doors by Steve J, on Flickr

Using the photo above I added detailing to the shuttle bay doors and aft end. I also repainted them a slightly darker shade of grey.
Good use was made of my donor decal stash and the detail decals too for the thinner black strips
and wing dings... or whatever those little red oblongs are in the corners:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Shuttle Bay 2 Door Detailing by Steve J, on Flickr

I don’t think I posted a good closeup of the new tapered inverted bell curve shaped decal I had to modify to fit the more smooth
Nemesis saucer to secondary hull transition zone I sculpted from AVES.
Anyway I was pleased to be able to adapt the white border pieces from the trimmed bits to frame the new pointed tips.
You can also see the little L-shaped decals I added to the corners of the metallic black impulse engine bent frames:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Secondary Hull Bell Curve by Steve J, on Flickr

Starting work on the base, Mixed up some AVES Apoxy Sculpt and packed it around the power jack and the bottom
of the aluminum display tube, a metal washer came in handy too.
It’ll be painted gloss black with a custom decal I got from meatloafr over on the All Scale Trek site:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Base Puttied by Steve J, on Flickr

I used some donor decal material to add some panels and dark lines on the sides and around the photorp barrels:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Photorp Launcher Detailed by Steve J, on Flickr

I gave the base 2 coats of Future floor wax. May get 1 more:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Base Done and Futured by Steve J, on Flickr

The base has gotten three coats of Future. The ship has had as many or more. All decals are on aside from a few niggling detail decals here and there. I’ll finish that today and apply the finishing clearcoats. I figure no Glosscote with all the Future but about three coats of Dullcote might be needed to bring her down to a more satin finish:

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Glossy Ship and Base by Steve J, on Flickr

Finally found a good use for the brass photo-etch Enterprise insignia leftover from a prior set of Paragrafix PE:

I keep saying this but... just a few more little things and she gets her final clear coats.
Then I'll get the camera, table, and lights set up for her finished shots.
Gord Green
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks superior to the original "Hero" model and even better than any "Museum Quality" model I've ever seen!
trekriffic
Starship Navigator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2021 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gord Green wrote:
Looks superior to the original "Hero" model and even better than any "Museum Quality" model I've ever seen!

Thanks Gord! It has its imperfections, but overall not a bad effort on my part considering some of the things I had to address and overcome. This is the last of the photos up to this point.

The next ones will be the staged camera shots.

Anyway, soldiering on with some little things. . .

The flashing starboard formation light got a dollop of neon green enamel using a toothpick. This is done top and bottom on the saucer.

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Formation Light Detailed and Painted by Steve J, on Flickr

The flashing port formation light got a tiny drop of fluorescent red enamel, also using a toothpick.
This is done top and bottom on the saucer.
BTW...you can also see the TOS enterprise wing ding in this pic.

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Formation Light and Ent Wing Ding by Steve J, on Flickr

Love how the deflector dish glow turned out . . . and the Raytheon Effect . . . and the base.

Gratuitous shot I took awhile ago. Love those porch lights.

USS Enterprise E - Nemesis-WIP - Final Pointing Ups by Steve J, on Flickr

Oh yeaaaah. This marathon build is almost done . . . I can feel the tape of the finish line pulling on me now . . .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Models and Dioramas All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: