ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
Nothin' but pure science fiction!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Tomorrow War (2021)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bud Brewster
Galactic Fleet Admiral (site admin)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:20 pm    Post subject: The Tomorrow War (2021) Reply with quote

First of all . . . boy, does that poster suck! Rolling Eyes

Remember the days when posters were colorful works of art that promoted the movie with images based on the movies' premise? Confused

Good lord, whatever happened to artists like Richard Amsel and Drew Struzan, those guys who created masterpieces like these? Shocked

These days we get crap like that poster above! A B&W photo of guys in black outfits, standing in a line looking tough and unemployed! Rolling Eyes

Anyway, here's how Screenrant describes this movie.

Director Chris McKay - who most recently helmed The Lego Batman Movie - marks his first foray into live action with military sci-fi movie The Tomorrow War. In the future, humans are losing a war against an alien invasion. Scientists devise a potential way to win the war by recruiting soldiers from the past. Chris Pratt leads a large ensemble cast that includes Yvonne Strahovski, Betty Gilpin, and J.K. Simmons.

The premise might be good . . . or it might suck as badly as the poster. We'll just have to wait and see.
Sad

________________ The Tomorrow War - Trailer

Krel
Galactic Ambassador

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2021 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I screwed up and started a duplicate thread, I guess because I wasn't paying attention. Fortunately Bud caught my goof-up, and here is my post in the correct thread.

"The Tomorrow War" (2021) is a theatrical movie, that due to circumstances is going to be shown on Amazon Prime in July 2021.

I have only seen the trailer, which tells of people coming from 30 years in the future to convince people to come help fight an invasion that they are losing. Chris Pratt plays a former solder and teacher who gives up his deferment to save his wife from being drafted.

Okay without having seen the movie, I'm going to make a criticism.

Maybe the movie addresses this...But if you are in a war, and posses time travel, even if you have to travel back a few decades...THEN WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LOSING!?!

Time travel is an UNBELIEVABLE advantage. If you are being invaded, then go a few decades into the past, and start ramping up for war! ANYTHING the enemy does can be prepared for decades in advance. Just think of the technological developments for the war you could have!

There's a story. A new company buys up miles of land and builds an enormous compound. An investigator finds out that the company is time travelers who have come to the past to prepare Earth for a future invasion. Developing technologies, setting up systems that can be used in war time. But they are trying to do as little damage to the past/present as possible.

David.
ralfy
Quantum Engineer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Tomorrow War: Why Chris Pratt’s Character Doesn’t Get Time Travel"

Quote:
For those viewers who, like Chris Pratt’s Dan Forester, need a time travel primer for The Tomorrow War, here’s our breakdown of the rules.

Warning:

Quote:
This The Tomorrow War article contains major spoilers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Sci-Fi Movies from 2021 to Tomorrow All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: