ALL SCI-FI Forum Index ALL SCI-FI
The place to “find your people”.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PC Games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morbius
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject: PC Games Reply with quote

I have a number of my old PC games stored in a box and I happen to notice one game in particular that I used to play a lot and really enjoyed. I thought I’d give it a try to see if it might work knowing full well that it probably wouldn’t since this game came out in 2003 and the hardware, let alone on the software, might as well be a universe apart from top-of-the-line stuff in 2003. The game is entitled Unreal II The Awakening Special Edition.

To my surprise not only did the game install, but using compatibility mode, it runs better than it ever did. Even though I know the sad ending it’s still fun playing this game.

The plot consists of a soldier (Marshal) who was erroneously demoted, trying to restore his previous rank as he goes to various planets on assignments collecting alien artifacts that were scattered about the cosmos. He doesn’t know why but those are his assignments. On the various planets he encounters opposition forces which he must overcome in order to retrieve the particular artifact. This was a great game and I wish that there could be a sequel. A quick screen shot just for a rough idea.
Morbius
Astral Engineer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get a better idea of what the game is like, I’ve recorded a few snippets.

Aida, Marshal’s (John Dalton) good friend from previous missions, who functions as an executive assistant with contact to command and helpful suggestions to Marshal while on mission, is unfortunately killed when their ship, the Atlantis is destroyed by aliens before landing to retrieve Marshal at the end of the game.

https://vimeo.com/575887586

http://www.mrgodzilla.com/misc/snipits.wmv
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ALL SCI-FI Forum Index -> Off-Topic Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: